Madison Scouts 2010 Cymbal Discussion

Many of you are not understanding. I am not angry about being cut. My dismay is the lack of respect of what we were told.

of the four of us, one is marching colts cymbal line another is spending his age out at college, the youngest isn't marching and I'm teaching cymbals for a highschool

Everyone knows exactly what you are saying. We also see some guard members pick up cymbals for a few seconds in a show. That does not equal a cymbal line or a lack of respect from what you were told.

Most agree that we would like to see a cymbal line but MOST staffs in DCI do not see the need. Do I want cymbal lines? Yes. Do I want to see a former member trash his "brother's" (who had nothing to do with it) crops on a forum? NO!

Edited by OICMR corps

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see three things here:

1- a former member was lied too. I understand his feelings of betrayal. I'm sure he bleeds, Green with a little red and white....but seeing someone do something that he wanted to do and probablyt not doing as good as he does would #### anyone off.

2- when someone is talking bad about YOUR corps the thread becomes illrelevant. Why wouldn't be okay to write about this. If we can write about fridges and cheese why not this. Plus he didn't say anything that wasn't true.

3- We talk about how the corps what the best of the best but once again I read how someone was plugged in to feel a spot. How many of these hole fillers this year are actually playing? The best of the best...WOW

Good luck brother from one cymbal to another...

Many of you are not understanding. I am not angry about being cut. My dismay is the lack of respect of what we were told.

What lack of respect?? They told you there'd be no cymbal line, and there's no cymbal line. I'm missing the disrespect part. In my opinion, they were VERY respectful to you and the 3 other guys involved.

You were told that they aren't marching a cymbal line...and they're not. They have a short cymbal feature. Are you equating that with a cymbal line? What about cymbals in the front ensemble? Are you also upset about that?

If you're committed to playing cymbals and no other instrument, then you're basically saying that the corps should bend over backwards to accommodate you. There just aren't many cymbal spots in DCI. Learn a different position or go to another corps.

But don't say you were lied to when you weren't.

Edited by vferrera

Certainly 9 guard members running around with cymbals for a couple of minutes is not a cymbal line. But it is pretty insensitive . . . at least I thought so when I saw the show in Bloomington.

Ggab, every person on this board -- including the Scouts vets who are dismissing your complaint -- know that almost every corps, Scouts included, will from time to time act in a utterly ###### and disrespectful manner towards its members. That's the nature of the game nowadays. Many complain about the lack of loyalty members have for their corps, but not many note the stunning lack of loyalty corps have for their members. The problem is airing what should be a private pain between you, the others cymbals, and the Scouts on a public forum.

Everyone knows exactly what you are saying. We also see some guard members pick up cymbals for a few seconds in a show. That does not equal a cymbal line or a lack of respect from what you were told.

Most agree that we would like to see a cymbal line but MOST staffs in DCI do not see the need. Do I want cymbal lines? Yes. Do I want to see a former member trash his "brother's" (who had nothing to do with it) crops on a forum? NO!

You were told that they aren't marching a cymbal line...and they're not. They have a short cymbal feature. Are you equating that with a cymbal line? What about cymbals in the front ensemble? Are you also upset about that?

If you're committed to playing cymbals and no other instrument, then you're basically saying that the corps should bend over backwards to accommodate you. There just aren't many cymbal spots in DCI. Learn a different position or go to another corps.

But don't say you were lied to when you weren't.

No actually I didn't want them to accommodate me. And I know there are other places to March. I'm just not happy with two minutes of their show as it is rude and not needed

I see three things here:

1- a former member was lied too. I understand his feelings of betrayal. I'm sure he bleeds, Green with a little red and white....but seeing someone do something that he wanted to do and probablyt not doing as good as he does would #### anyone off.

2- when someone is talking bad about YOUR corps the thread becomes illrelevant. Why wouldn't be okay to write about this. If we can write about fridges and cheese why not this. Plus he didn't say anything that wasn't true.

3- We talk about how the corps what the best of the best but once again I read how someone was plugged in to feel a spot. How many of these hole fillers this year are actually playing? The best of the best...WOW

Good luck brother from one cymbal to another...

I suggest you refer to GGarrett's post on the matter. You have a skewed interpretation of this situation. I never said it was irrelevant, I only said that it had already been discussed ad naseum...which is true. Go back and find the threads about it if you're interested.

Doubt you are though...

One can say anything they want on the "form" . The question is should they ? IMHO no. You should talk about Family Biz. to Family. I mean the whole world does not need to know everything. Thats what you do if you really love your family.

Bill

So loyalty is a one way street? Seriously?

He's not "family" anymore. His family told him his services weren't wanted or needed any longer.

He's still a welcome member of this highly dysfunctional DCP family, so why not post here?

So loyalty is a one way street? Seriously?

He's not "family" anymore. His family told him his services weren't wanted or needed any longer.

He's still a welcome member of this highly dysfunctional DCP family, so why not post here?

No they are still my family

This