Madison Scouts 2010 Cymbal Discussion

JMO

This is the problem with the internet and young people ( some ) today I think. With most social networks young people post their inner most feelings or emotions . NOT GOOD.. 1st not alot of peole care ( not talking about this individual just in general ) and once its out there you cant take a momentary slip in judgement back. Posting so much of the personal feelings has come back to bite many many young people. potential employeers read this stuff, schools do now also, very easy to tap into all of this.

In this case , although it seemed to be a very sincere letter, it was to the public, NOW if you are a director and read this would you want to take this member into your corps. ME, NO, just because the 1st time he doesnt like something BAM...on the internet. I just think this was a matter that could have been handled within the Scouts, but I do understand his frustration.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

iwhy would I take a different spot?

Because it was offered and the people who offered it are the ones running the corps, not you.

But if you turned down a spot, then your whole "betrayal" issue goes out the window, imo.

and with that, I'm outta here.

I would have accepted it but I wouldn't have been happy

I can make this brief. I've known people over the years that were so hungry to be part of the Scouts that they would have done anything to be a member. You've basically stated that you would have been unhappy with the position of extremely minimal cymbals. I can now see why airing out your displeasure with the corps comes so easily for you.

Fine. But you open yourself up to the backlash while attempting to lick your wounds. Life ain't fair, man.

And, as he said, he still considers them family...I certainly don't get on here and gripe about my parents, sisters, extended relatives, etc. That would be highly inappropriate of me.

do your parents, sisters, and extended relatives have anything to do with drum corps?

I can make this brief. I've known people over the years that were so hungry to be part of the Scouts that they would have done anything to be a member. You've basically stated that you would have been unhappy with the position of extremely minimal cymbals. I can now see why airing out your displeasure with the corps comes so easily for you.

Be civil and don't put words in my mouth. I wouldn't be happy that they did the guard thing I never said I wouldn't be happy marching a small part

Be civil and don't put words in my mouth. I wouldn't be happy that they did the guard thing I never said I wouldn't be happy marching a small part

I don't see anything uncivil about it. What other conclusion would one draw from your response? You wanted to talk about your feelings, then talk about them completely. I replied to what you wrote.

I can completely understand why Madison elected to discontinue its cymbal line. I also can completely understand why people like cymbal lines. The new staff there certainly has enough experience to know what theyre doing.

However, i do find it ironic that in a year where madison seems to be very much emphasizing its traditional roots in its show and very traditional uniform, it eliminates its cymbal line.

JMO

This is the problem with the internet and young people ( some ) today I think. With most social networks young people post their inner most feelings or emotions . NOT GOOD.. 1st not alot of peole care ( not talking about this individual just in general ) and once its out there you cant take a momentary slip in judgement back. Posting so much of the personal feelings has come back to bite many many young people. potential employeers read this stuff, schools do now also, very easy to tap into all of this.

In this case , although it seemed to be a very sincere letter, it was to the public, NOW if you are a director and read this would you want to take this member into your corps. ME, NO, just because the 1st time he doesnt like something BAM...on the internet. I just think this was a matter that could have been handled within the Scouts, but I do understand his frustration.

yea... and old people do this as well.

remember the Crown alternate thread?

My advice to the OP is this: stop posting in this thread.

I get it. I do. But you need to ask yourself what good you will accomplish by continuing the discussion with all of these people piling on. They will continue to over-analyze and misconstrue the few words you've written until your reputation smells like last week's rotting leftover fish dinner.

You've made your point. Now, for your sake, let it go. Don't continue something you'll regret down the road.

I don't see anything uncivil about it. What other conclusion would one draw from your response? You wanted to talk about your feelings, then talk about them completely. I replied to what you wrote.

Cause you said I think its easy when you don't even know.