Renegades

FWIW, I watched the webcast, and they did include retreat and the score announcement; however, the PA portion of the webcast was very muddled (unlike the corps' audio, which was very clear) and with substantial echo, so it was difficult to understand...but I thought I heard 62 as well. I know this was scored by DCI judges, but were they using DCI or DCA sheets? DCA corps have generally scored lower in the past when being scored on DCI sheets.

I tuned into the webcast too late to see their performance, but I did watch it later from the Video On Demand section. I thought they sounded better (and louder-not in a bad way) than their size, and am hoping that they can fill some of those brass holes. I do agree that at times the drums overpowered the horns, it seems like their drumline is complete or nearly so. I find it interesting that an OC reviewer is slinging mud at the Renegades; I've heard some OC corps doing parts of "The Planets", and it wasn't pretty-just MHO-but that goes back to a complaint I've had for years that some corps staffs are too stubborn to re-think their selections when they try to force a corps that just doesn't haven't the talent to perform very difficult musical books.

I agree with everything that your said, but I gotta be honest... I expected a little higher quality from last year's 6th place group. Still, there is A LOT of season left and I agree that they will improve immensely once they have some of those holes filled!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes when the DCI judges do the first tabulation, they forget our "extra" caption and give a lower score. When they recall or get informed about it, one of the captions gets averaged in twice, although I don't recall which. Note: this is what I observed my 2 years on staff.... It may have changed.

if you have a full DCI panel, the perc sheet gets doubled

I agree with everything that your said, but I gotta be honest... I expected a little higher quality from last year's 6th place group. Still, there is A LOT of season left and I agree that they will improve immensely once they have some of those holes filled!

You expected higher quality because what

a) You marched??

b)You Donated??

c) You volunteered??

Seriously if you consider the trials and tribulations this years Renegades of been through most of you would be surprised we are still standing yet putting out the show we have. One thing I can say about this group of people this year...I am talking about the core group of folks who have been there from the beginning. They are fighters...no doubt about it. This is one scrappy group of people making the best with holes, financial difficulties. loss of jobs, loss of places to stay in some cases. Here is the thing ...it really is a great show and if people would step up to the plate to donate and fill holes not will they have a great time, the fans are gonna get another great Renegade year.

Well, I'm not really sure why the Renegades have had a rough season. Not saying you haven't, just saying I don't know why. I guess that would explain the less than expected outing. Now that I know, I will be more prepared next time...

Its an opinionated activity, I'm just expressing mine. I can understand why you don't like it, and that's fine. I wish the Renegades a better end to their season than their off season has apparently been! Good luck and glad you guys are going to make it out to Finals!

whatever reason they have had a rough season, they did, yet aren't giving up and quitting

I think we have seen this from the Renegades before. I think it was 06. Their first show was a disaster from what I heard. I did not see the video but I heard a audio recording of it and thought it was really bad then they came out in 06 to finals and looked like the Renegades we all love and respect.

Probably have a lot of kids and members on staff at BD and SCV. Those holes will fill up quick and the drill will be complete.

Keep in mind also that Sr corps in general have a LOT less rehearsal time....prior DCI experience or not, when you only have 16t or so days of group rehearsal time before your first show, there's only so much you can do even in GOOD times.

Well, I'm not really sure why the Renegades have had a rough season. Not saying you haven't, just saying I don't know why. I guess that would explain the less than expected outing. Now that I know, I will be more prepared next time...

Its an opinionated activity, I'm just expressing mine. I can understand why you don't like it, and that's fine. I wish the Renegades a better end to their season than their off season has apparently been! Good luck and glad you guys are going to make it out to Finals!

We are having a rough year for the same reason everyone else is....the economy...when people are unemployed or underemployed it is tough to find the resources to march...real life wins out every time...

That being said we will fill holes in the second part of our season and are all ready starting to. This year several of our alumni are marching top 10 Junior Corps. So if you are a youngin' thinkin' about marching come on by. Renegades is a great way to "cut your drum corps teeth" and prepare yourself for the tryouts in the fall!

Edited by DCIHasBeen