Pioneer 2010

Ugly Personal attacks are not going to change anything about why Pioneer is not winning DCI WC.

Pioneer's leadership / staff can choose to learn from me and my insightful ideas about what it takes to win DCI WC, or they can continue to go down the same road that they have been on for a very long time. Just remember, if Pioneer is not in position to win DCI WC, do not blame me. I learned from the best.

I tried to show them the way.

Oh please, stop trolling and making us look bad. :tongue: Maybe Pioneer is perfectly happy going down the same road? It's not like they're coming out playing something awful. As a member, and as a fan of Pio, I've enjoyed each and every single one of the shows I've watched, and I enjoyed performing last year. Pioneer might not be a top-12 corps, but I still saw the audience standing up and giving us ovations after we performed and as we trooped the stands afterwards.

Nobody's going to blame you for Pioneer not winning WC, because almost everyone of my fellow corps members, alumni, and fans do not care about winning WC. They care about going out there and giving their very best every night.

After a show, after DCI Quarterfinals, I did not care about what place we got, I did not care about our score, I did not care about a medal or a trophy. All I cared about was that I went out there with my corps and gave the audience a good show. And if I never see Saturday night for the rest of my DCI eligibility, I will not care, because at the end of the day, I gave my all. I think the members of Pioneer out there on the road right now feel the same way. Some of these people are coming from Mexico, some are coming from South Africa and other places in the world. They do not care about going back home with a medal, because they'll go home as a better performer, a better human being, and with memories of an amazing summer.

If Pioneer becoming a top-12 or "winning" corps means they must abandon their traditions, then I am glad they aren't top-12. Why are you even attempting to second guess Roman and the others? I think Roman knows what he is doing, he is a member of the Drum Corps Hall of Fame and he's been running this corps for only about 49 years. :tongue:

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Pioneer fans.......practice in St. Claire has been absolutely incredible. Spirits are high.....show is sounding awesome and when Pioneer marches on the field with their well spent uniforms tomorrow......we will all be proud!!!!!

St. Clair, PA is an awesome town. There's a little deli next to the school that makes the best food. :tongue:

Hey all! I'm a parent of a Crown alum/Scout intern and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the Pioneer show in Centerville on Monday night. Pioneer got a good crowd response because the show is very enjoyable. Way to go Pio!

Class.....thanks! The Corps appreciates positive feedback and Carolina Crown.....I've been blown away since their "Triple Crown" Performance a few years back (or at least that is what I think the name was). You know what I am talking about.....now that was amazing and they continue to be!

Oh please, stop trolling and making us look bad. :tongue: Maybe Pioneer is perfectly happy going down the same road? It's not like they're coming out playing something awful. As a member, and as a fan of Pio, I've enjoyed each and every single one of the shows I've watched, and I enjoyed performing last year. Pioneer might not be a top-12 corps, but I still saw the audience standing up and giving us ovations after we performed and as we trooped the stands afterwards.

Nobody's going to blame you for Pioneer not winning WC, because almost everyone of my fellow corps members, alumni, and fans do not care about winning WC. They care about going out there and giving their very best every night.

After a show, after DCI Quarterfinals, I did not care about what place we got, I did not care about our score, I did not care about a medal or a trophy. All I cared about was that I went out there with my corps and gave the audience a good show. And if I never see Saturday night for the rest of my DCI eligibility, I will not care, because at the end of the day, I gave my all. I think the members of Pioneer out there on the road right now feel the same way. Some of these people are coming from Mexico, some are coming from South Africa and other places in the world. They do not care about going back home with a medal, because they'll go home as a better performer, a better human being, and with memories of an amazing summer.

If Pioneer becoming a top-12 or "winning" corps means they must abandon their traditions, then I am glad they aren't top-12. Why are you even attempting to second guess Roman and the others? I think Roman knows what he is doing, he is a member of the Drum Corps Hall of Fame and he's been running this corps for only about 49 years. :tongue:

Well said....and you are a better person for marching this corps. You know....we don't have to talk about it.....Congrats to you!!

Been there twice today......breakfast and dinner. Awesome!

You are really making me jealous. We won't be able to see Pioneer again until next week at Quarterfinals. Hope the kids get a little rest between now and then, they've had a rough week or so. Lots of shows, travel, bus problems and no sleep. How do they do it?

It's really nice to hear that the everyone is ok and practices are good.

GO PIONEER!!!!!

Lots of shows, travel, bus problems and no sleep. How do they do it?

GO PIONEER!!!!!

You catch your Z's during the meal breaks :tongue:

You catch your Z's during the meal breaks :tongue:

Knew there had to be a secret.

"Maybe Pioneer is perfectly happy going down the same road?"

Re:

Like the quote I gave earlier, losing can become a habit.

" It's not not like they're coming out playing something awful."

Pioneer is not awful. They are not focused upon winning. If you just want to PARTICIPATE, be a drumcorps that does not seek to win and don't compete.

"almost everyone of my fellow corps members, alumni, and fans do not care about winning WC."

Re:

This is stinkin thinkin, and, in my opinion why you lose.

Pioneer could win DCI without abandoning their traditions save one, their tradition of not trying to win.

Roman does a great job of running Pioneer in many ways.

He would do well to lose the hats and the apathy twards losing.

Edited by Howdy

"Maybe Pioneer is perfectly happy going down the same road?"

Re:

Like the quote I gave earlier, losing can become a habit.

Losing can become a habit? Oh good grief...there are varying degrees of excellence in drum corps...by your definition it seems that every corps that doesn't finish in 1st place is a loser (technically they did all "lose" DCI, but the kids marching those corps are not "losers"...

" It's not not like they're coming out playing something awful."

Pioneer is not awful. They are not focused upon winning. If you just want to PARTICIPATE, be a drumcorps that does not seek to win and don't compete.

Not focused on winning...when I taught there we were focused on winning...when I marched there we were focused on winning, and we were taught by winners to be winners. Not everyone can win in a competition, someone has to finish in 2nd and on down.

"almost everyone of my fellow corps members, alumni, and fans do not care about winning WC."

Re:

This is stinkin thinkin, and, in my opinion why you lose.

Your definition of winners and losers is different, which is why people in this thread disagree with you.

Pioneer could win DCI without abandoning their traditions save one, their tradition of not trying to win.

Don't even talk about a "tradition of not trying to win". Pioneer has won DCI Championships before, not at WC level, YET.

Roman does a great job of running Pioneer in many ways.

He would do well to lose the hats and the apathy twards losing.

I don't particularly like the hats either.

And finally, you have your opinions, I have mine, everybody has theirs. I will just have to respectfully disagree with you about most of what you have said in this thread. In the grand scheme of the universe, this conversation and drum and bugle corps is such a small thing...let's not get our undies in a bunch over it. There are a lot more important things to think about...

And, Go Pioneer (and Bluecoats!)