Pioneer 2010

New Mapex???? Interesting... They still using the reflective silver finish or have they gone to something different? I personally was a big fan of when we had the green marbled look on the Dynasties....hated the drums, loved the finish.

'

From the picture I saw on Facebook of the tenors, it looks like a deep brown finish to them. They look like they'll go with the new uniforms just nicely. I think Pio Indoor uses the old green marbled drums, but I'm not certain.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck tonigh Pioneer. We know that you will do your best. :smile:

Pioneer believes that they will have a winning corps.

Pioneer has been in DCI WC last place [ or 2nd to last - twice] for the last decade.

Many shows, many groups of kids, many different judges. Yet Pioneer remains in last place.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Sooner or later Pioneer's leadership will have to be honest with themselves and look into the mirrror and admit that what they are doing is not leading Pioneer to have a winning corps.

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

- Vince Lombardi

Everything rises or falls on leadership.

It is not the judges fault that Pioneer is in last place. Blaming the judges for Pioneer being in last place is not helping Pioneer have a winning drum and bugle corps.

Pioneer can either blame the judges, the kids, the equipment, the weather, etc., OR Pioneer can retool and start to learn from winners just how to win. Just proclaiming that you are a winner will not make you a winner. To be a winner you have to be smarter, you have to work harder, you want to win more than the corps next to you, and you have to learn to make better choices than the corps next to you. To have a winning corps, Pioneer will have to learn to be better every day that these things.

"The object of [this ]competition is not to be mean to the losers but to find a winner. The process makes you mean because you get frustrated. Kids turn up unrehearsed, wearing the wrong clothes, singing out of tune and you can either say, "Good job" and patronize them or tell them the truth, and sometimes the truth is perceived as mean."

- Simon Cowell

Edited by Howdy

Pioneer has been in DCI WC last place [ or 2nd to last - twice] for the last decade.

Many shows, many groups of kids, many different judges. Yet Pioneer remains in last place.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Sooner or later Pioneer's leadership will have to be honest with themselves and look into the mirrror and admit that what they are doing is not leading Pioneer to have a winning corps.

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

- Vince Lombardi

It is not the judges fault that Pioneer is in last place. Blaming the judges for Pioneer being in last place is not helping Pioneer have a winning drum and bugle corps.

Pioneer can either blame the judges, the kids, the equipment, the weather, etc., OR Pioneer can retool and start to learn from winners just how to win. Just proclaiming that you are a winner will not make you a winner. To be a winner you have to be smarter, you have to work harder, you want to win more than the corps next to you, and you have to learn to make better choices than the corps next to you. To have a winning corps, Pioneer will have to learn to be better every day that these things.

"The object of [this ]competition is not to be mean to the losers but to find a winner. The process makes you mean because you get frustrated. Kids turn up unrehearsed, wearing the wrong clothes, singing out of tune and you can either say, "Good job" and patronize them or tell them the truth, and sometimes the truth is perceived as mean."

- Simon Cowell

Have you read all the posts in this thread? I think if you had, you wouldn't be so quick with your unwarranted criticism.

- Vince Lombardi

- Simon Cowell

Didn't you once have a relationship with Pioneer? If so, how did it end, and is this why you feel the way you do?

"Wow! You are so smart! Another Einstein maybe! Never realized I would come across so many intelligent people on these forums. I feel so fortunate......get your facts straight, talk to someone who cares and maybe volunteer once in a while.......it will make you a better person......! Kids read these forums for what it is worth and I am sure they know they are going to encournter ignorant people! No one is blaming the judges for last place........ maybe their sharing their opinion of what they think the scores should be! For crying out loud......Pioneer is a teaching corps.......get a grip and find something else to do with your time! Whats wrong in believing in something? I soppose you never believed in Santa either! "

Re:

Who do you blame for Pioneer being in last place? I know why Pioneer is in last place. I know how Pio can get out of last place and into the top 12. The question remains as to if Roman knows how. Roman does a great job with how well he runs Pio in many ways, but ask yourself this question, are Roman's leadership decissions keeping Pio in last place? To me it looks like Roman does as well of a job positioning Pio competitively as Roman does maintaining those Pio buses. I think making Donny program coordinator is a first good step, but for Pio to move up, Roman will have to make a lot more tough choices.

Winning involves being wiser than the drumcorps whom you compete against. Ask yourself, does that describe Pioneer?

I am not here to throw any stones at Pioneer, I am trying to help Pioneer. I can tell you from first hand experience that I have all of my facts straight. I know what I am talking about. Do not talk to me about volunteering for Pioneer. You need to get your facts straight.

As for the scores, Pios scores are at or close to where they should be. Placement is more important than any number.

"Pioneer is a teaching corps"

Re:

Well, ask yourself, just who is teaching them? Those who have a history of winning DCI ?

How many of Pios staff marched in a top 12 DCI WC drumcorps?

Pioneer also happenes to be a COMPETING drum and bugle corps. All drum corps teach students.

Believing that Pioneer can have a winning corps in DCI WC by continuing to operate just like they have in the past is just like believing in Santa Clause.

Edited by Howdy

Again I ask. Didn't you once have a relationship with Pioneer? If so, how did that relationship end and is that why you feel the way you do?