Pioneer 2010

Watched the show in Houton last night. The music was really good, but guys, the visual needs some work. Love the drill because it is a little complex and interesting. The biggest problem I see, right now, is keeping the ranks and files straight. Please work hard on that in the next few weeks. A rotating box should look like a box, a rotating circle should look like a circle. These are small things to correct and would add valuable points to your score. Other corps are not beating you, you are beating yourselves.

I love the progress that Pioneer has made this year and the show, generally, is well received. Donny has given you a unique music book that you are doing well with, The drill would be great if it were clean. Right now, straight ranks and files are your weakness.

I know you can do it. You are all great young people with a lot of pride. Go Pioneer -- BETTER EVERY DAY

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why hasn't the Pioneer souvie trailer been on the road? I asked in Mineapolis and staf members thought it was going to be at the show. It also wasn't at the Kansas City show.

I do have a feeling that Pioneer is going to build off of this season and come out stronger next year. With a little recruiting, especially in guard, they should make a big push.

I really enjoyed the show this year. :thumbdown:

Why hasn't the Pioneer souvie trailer been on the road? I asked in Mineapolis and staf members thought it was going to be at the show. It also wasn't at the Kansas City show.

I do have a feeling that Pioneer is going to build off of this season and come out stronger next year. With a little recruiting, especially in guard, they should make a big push.

I really enjoyed the show this year. :thumbdown:

Pioneer has an indoor percussion ensemble, which I'm not sure if it helps with recruiting, but definitely provides a certain element of exposure in similar activity. I wonder if Pioneer has ever thought of fielding an indoor guard? It could certainly serve as a sort of training-ground for the drum corps.

Down but not out. Pioneer had a pretty rough trip through Oklahoma and Texas. The scores dropped a little, but not significantly. Buck up kids, you have three weeks to Indy and I know you have the will and character to improve in the standings.

The only place you are getting beat is in visual and with determination, hard work and the toughness that each of you have, you can overcome it. You have made a lot of people turn their heads this year because many positive things are happening in the corps. Look, Donny and the staff have done their job, you have great music with a very exciting drill. Now it's up to each of you to get toughter, stand straighter and show that character you have.

We are all really proud of you, so don't get down on yourselves. Now is the time to work together for a better corps. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Better every day.

To morganhill or whoever you are.

I totally disagree with your arrogant and unfounded bashing of our Pioneer Family, of which you so often seem to be so willing to do. You have absolutely no idea as to what the motives that our fans, parents, alumni, and friends have. Your rude degradation of them (us) as being childish only reflects your sadistic bias against the corps members, staff, and management. Actually some of our parents are professional music educators. Would you call their critique of the Pioneer Corps as being childish. Are you so naive as to think that all of the adjudication is purely "objective?" Obviously that would be the ideal, but don't count on that being a truthful 100% statement! Looking ahead to the next few weeks, if the Pioneer continues to improve as they have been, don't they deserve to move up the competitive ladder?

Do you really feel (I am not suggesting that you do.) that the Pioneer Corps is not worthy of succeeding? If that's the case, you have forgotten that the drum and bugle corps activity is a youth-centered activity for the collective good of all. Their score has consistently been going up. But if the numbers and placings are the only criteria that you rate them with, I feel sorry for you.

Pioneer sticks loyally to their motto, "Better Every Day!" That is our criteria for success. Yes we are consistently looking to improve on yesterday. If that means a higher score or placing, so be it. But if, in fact, there is any clue of the corps being held back competively, for any other reason than an objective adjudication, you bet, we have a reason to complain. Again, I am not speaking for our fans. I cannot look into their minds or have the rudeness to call their assessments as being childish. How can you jusitify your blanket ridicule of our Pioneer Corps Family?

I feel that you owe the entire Pioneer Corps family...the kids, the teachers, the management, and the fans, an open apology on this forum. I hope that you are man enough to do so!

I totally agree with everything you say.......what is happening to this activity, "Drum Corps"? Remeber, back in the day, there wasn't anything called, cell phones, blackberry's and the internet when you were on the bus. These kids log onto these forums and read the feedback......lets keep it positive! Regardless if someone is offended by the show theme or dosn't think Pioneer is "worthy" keep it to youself. If you have marched, you know the work that goes into these shows! Give us a break.......Personally, I enjoy the hell out of the Pioneer show.....and talk about class, in San Antonio last night, when Pioneer was marching towards the field, a kid from Blue Knights said, "Go get em Pioneer, have a great show!" To you young man, you have class......lets learn by it! Good luck Pioneer as you finish the season!

The kids root for each other much more than the so-called "rabid fans". Every kid that marches in every corps has respect for the kids in the other corps. In many cases, they make friends with their competitors, in other cases they were friends before drum corps. The kids in all corps show a lot more class than some of the fans.

Good job Pioneer. It appears that your visuals have improved and that is an important step forward. Only .7 behind Jersey Surf tonight. Looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta. Better every day.