Pioneer 2010

Saw the corps for the first time last night - great corps, great kids, great performance ...

After the day they had - planes, trains, and automobiles - pushing the buses, moving all their equipment by hand, no showers, no practice ... and then to perform with that much professionalism was amazing.

Getting wrapped up in scoring and placement is foolish in a judged sport.

What these kids are learning is much bigger than what place you come in.

We are all lucky that kids like these are involved in the activity.

Another educated person! Now this is what I am talking about. You can say that again, trains, planes and automobiles.....life's lessons, though at the time you wonder what in the world am I doing here? There is a reason, and you are right....it doesn't matter the place you take, it is the obstacles you face and conquer that make you winners! Pioneer, you should be proud!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the corps for the first time last night - great corps, great kids, great performance ...

After the day they had - planes, trains, and automobiles - pushing the buses, moving all their equipment by hand, no showers, no practice ... and then to perform with that much professionalism was amazing.

Good not agree more Tom!

My thanks for the kind words as well. I know my boys are "Better Every Day" because of Pioneer and their beliefs and teachings! They did endure quite a bit yesterday and pulled out one he#@ of a show. There are a couple of great reviews and somebody took awesome pictures as well. I got to see my kids in photos and it was great!

What can one say? Adversity builds character and it appears that Pioneer is really developing character. The schedule these kids keep is not easy under the best of circumstances, but to have everything go wrong and yet come out and score the highest they have all year shows what these kids are made of.

It is my firm belief that 2010, for Pioneer, will be remembered as the year that the turnaround began. Let's hope they keep staff and get a lot of returning veterans for next year.

Getting ready to leave for Indianapolis and can't wait for Thursday.

Great show last night Pioneer, Get them in Toledo. Better every day. :thumbup:

What were the issues? I hope no one was actually put in harms way.

Also, who do I contact about ideas for recruiting? I do have Roman's direct number but he doesn't need more on his plate.

Better Every Day!

Are you guys ok?

I saw Pioneer in Atlanta and I was just blown away. Fun show and awesome hardworking kids. Wow!

Pioneer, you should be exceedingly proud of what you do and how you do it. Good luck in Indy.

Thank you for reminding us that fun and performance matter a hell of allot more than a number.

:tongue: I can’t wait to see you next year.

I saw Pioneer in Atlanta and I was just blown away. Fun show and awesome hardworking kids. Wow!

Pioneer, you should be exceedingly proud of what you do and how you do it. Good luck in Indy.

Thank you for reminding us that fun and performance matter a hell of allot more than a number.

:thumbup: I can’t wait to see you next year.

Good luck in Indy Pioneer! All of your hard work has paid off......enjoy your last performance and most importantly, enjoy each other.......You all have worked so hard this summer and you put on one of the most entertaining shows of the season! Stax....you rock! :thumbup: