Pioneer 2010

Well, another season has come and gone and Pioneer finds itself in the same old, same old. I remember reading quite a bit of hype about Pioneer in the off season and from what I've read and heard throughout the season, there are still a few odds and ends that need to be tended to before they start moving up the ladder.

*Keep progressing with different themes and concepts, that seemed to be a strong positive this year.

*The guard needs to be brought up to world class standards. I still see a very conservative guard within the Pioneer organization.

*Visual and drill design need to be tweaked and refined.

*Finally, get rid of those busses! Haven't those things been through enough?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, another season has come and gone and Pioneer finds itself in the same old, same old. I remember reading quite a bit of hype about Pioneer in the off season and from what I've read and heard throughout the season, there are still a few odds and ends that need to be tended to before they start moving up the ladder.

*Keep progressing with different themes and concepts, that seemed to be a strong positive this year.

*The guard needs to be brought up to world class standards. I still see a very conservative guard within the Pioneer organization.

Not sure I agree with, "the same old, same old". Though Pioneer may find themselves in the bottom tier, many goals have been met this year. I do agree with some of your other statements.....but I always have to remind myself, though it is easy to forget, many of the members of this corps never picked up a flag or instrument before nor did they speak our language. Wouldn't we all agree that these kids put on the best show they were capable of putting on and it was very entertaining?! I do completely agree about the busses......enough is enough......too much time spent on the side of the road, no sleep and one would think that this should be the last season for that.! I give those kids alot of credit to put up with that and still push ahead to practice and perform. On that note, thanks Pioneer for working hard, always having a good attitude, the friendships we share and I wish the Pioneer Organization much success in the future.

Pioneer had a very challenging year and I would like to commend Donny Allen and the rest of the staff on the great progress made this year in music and show design. I especially want to tip my hat and give the heartiest congratulations to the kids who left it all on the field in quarter finals. It was a well executed show that was received well by the fans.

Pioneer has some issues to resolve in the off season and depending on those decisions they will either continue to be better and more competitive or will fall back to the habits of the past. Hope they get them resolved and continue to help the kids. Will be waiting anxiously to see what happens this winter.

I wish Pioneer all the best in the future and beyond!

Uncle Roman, see you at DCA!

(I'll be in my normal spot, on the 50 yd line lounge with my Westshoremen brothers!)

It might not be the most competitively successful, but I don't see a problem with a "conservative" guard. I actually like a guard that does guard stuff, not interpretative dance and pretend kissing of male members of the corps.