Bristol Patriot Tavern

Oberun KS!!!!!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Much more than a state-of-art stadium, with no soul, no story. It is part of the tradition.

I feel the same way about the Manning Bowl, the Toledo Glass Bowl and the crummy stadium in Wheaton IL

Just places with fond memories.

you want crappy fields? what about that show we did in Berlin, WI in 1985. when we marched onto the field to set up for the show there was actually a picnic table and numerous bricks strewn around the field. luckily our staff removed the crap from the field before we started, but too bad they couldn't fill in all the holes all over the field. We were lucky noone turned an ankle or worse.

The Bristol parade is great! Great environment and great people.

The show? Pathetic. The field is a disgrace. It should have been cancelled last year due to poor field conditions. It was atrocious. The only reason it went on is because its not a fully sanctioned DCI show. Tickets are bought through the town so they just want their money. Not nearly enough space either. Fans drive hours to get put on seats in the grass that they PAID for that are outside the zeros...

Thats the irony of it all that makes it so fun. If it is your only show as a spectator, otherwise, its great fun and a good time. If you know what you are in for, then its all part of the total experience.

G

"Drum Major is your corps ready?................ YOU .........mayenterthefieldofcompetition."

Paul Cain is a LEGEND :thumbup:

He's been announcing shows for decades, it wouldn't be the same without him

to kill time.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I played in the sandbox, the cat kept covering me up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.

Some dog I got too. We call him Egypt. Because in every room he leaves a pyramid.

What a dog I got, his favorite bone is in my arm.

What a dog I got. Last night he went on the paper 4 times - 3 while I was reading it

What a dog I got. I tried to mate her - she wants 50 biscuits.

BUMP for show day!

Weather forecast: High 77, Low 59, 0% chance of rain....another perfect night for drum corps!

And a fantastic line-up!

I think Bluecoats may take this one and Boston will pull closer to Phantom.

I feel the same way about the Manning Bowl, the Toledo Glass Bowl and the crummy stadium in Wheaton IL

Just places with fond memories.

Manning bowl was ripped down and a new field was built in its place.

BUMP for show day!

Weather forecast: High 77, Low 59, 0% chance of rain....another perfect night for drum corps!

And a fantastic line-up!

I think Bluecoats may take this one and Boston will pull closer to Phantom.

Pretty big score jumps last night out west by a few. should be interesting the next few shows.

mid 80's in early July.....looks like it will be.....