Oswego We Go

What a 'score "represents is the level of separation between the Corps in competition on that given nite and among that judging panel... no more... no less. The spread is informative to some degree. But whether a Corps got a " 72" or an " 82", really doesn't mean all that much. It's just a higher or lower baseline create for that nite. And trying to subscribe a score to what a Corps NOT in competition tonite would have received is unwarranted. Especially given the fact that their score was from some previous nite, with another panel and with a mix of corps that collectively may have been better or worse than this particular mix of Corps.

That said, nice jump for all these Corps.... and Glassmen especially, as they seperated themselves a bit from the competition and closed the gap on the Cavaliers from the last outing. ( but this could all change when we get the full panels, keep in mind)

we need to see recaps to see what has changed in the last couple of days.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

However, comparing average scores of thus season thus far, Cavies are still far behind.

Cavies: 75.267

PR: 76.267

BAC: 76.533

Cadets: 76.563

SCV: 76.633

Carolina Frown: 76.900

BC: 77.683

BD: 78.733

With all my years following DCI I have learned one thing... (also this is my opinion) averages do not really mean anything. History has showed that multiple times like back in 89 look at what the cavies did. They jumped up like crazy to finish 3rd at finals. And really averages didn't predict that. Honestly I think each corps tonight deserved the score they got. Also its the judges opinion for the cavies to break the 80's tonight. All I can say is never rule out any corps this year. Each one right now looks really good... Look at Pioneer for my prof of that. Already in the mid 60's and they could very well break the 70's by sometime next week, but we shall see...

This is why I think my "Spread Rankings" do a slightly better job at comparing show to show..... if all corps go up the exact same amount, then really no one moves at all.

I would agree. There's no perfect way to do it, but i think theyre the most relevant data we can have, other than getting them all head to head.

With all my years following DCI I have learned one thing... (also this is my opinion) averages do not really mean anything. History has showed that multiple times like back in 89 look at what the cavies did. They jumped up like crazy to finish 3rd at finals. And really averages didn't predict that. Honestly I think each corps tonight deserved the score they got. Also its the judges opinion for the cavies to break the 80's tonight. All I can say is never rule out any corps this year. Each one right now looks really good... Look at Pioneer for my prof of that. Already in the mid 60's and they could very well break the 70's by sometime next week, but we shall see...

Good point.... especially with Pioneer seemingly closing the gap on some of the competition. It's refreshing to see that from them this year. Kudos to Pioneer.

That's what's posted on DCI... been hitting refresh like mad the last 15 min or so.

Cavies have tied Cadets last score.

Gmen from 69. 4 to 76

Scouts 70.4 to 75.7

Does this score tonite of Glassmen of 76.00 mean they are essentially even with the Blue Stars who are at a 76.40 ? Maybe, maybe not. Nobody knows. Until they go head to head again in a show together, it is anybody's guess, who's ahead, who's not, and what the spread is between Corps in a head to head match up.

Edited by BRASSO

Does this score tonite of Glassmen of 76.00 mean they are even with the Blue Stars who are at a 76 ? Maybe, maybe not. Nobody knows. Until they go head to head again in a show together, it is anybody's guess.

In raw score yes, this would put Gmen .4 behind Blue Stars

whose leg do you have to hump to get some recaps over here?

Ive heard dci has upgraded from the rafts they attempted in WV. Theyre now testing covered wagons.

Covered%20Wagon.jpg

Hope theyre careful though. Every time i tried to ford a river, my ####### oxen died.

Edited by AlexL

Ive heard dci has upgraded from the rafts they attempted in WV. Theyre now testing covered wagons.

Covered%20Wagon.jpg

Hope theyre careful though. Every time i tried to ford a river, my ####### oxen died.

as long as Troopers DM isnt carrying them i think we are good.