Southern Tour...if you wanna call it that.

Okay, never saw in brown water, but that nasty sulfur tasting water is pretty common down there. I am betting why y'all invented sweet tea to make that crap palatable. Guess I prefer my water hard, filtered through corn and limestone.

Another little 'fun' part of the Sweaty Southern Tour, practice fields full of FIRE ANTS! Fire ants, palmetto bugs, chiggers, killer bees. Insect life is fun in the south. BUT Wisconsin has you beat as far as Mosquitos are concerned. I think it is their state bird.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, never saw in brown water, but that nasty sulfur tasting water is pretty common down there. I am betting why y'all invented sweet tea to make that crap palatable. Guess I prefer my water hard, filtered through corn and limestone.

Another little 'fun' part of the Sweaty Southern Tour, practice fields full of FIRE ANTS! Fire ants, palmetto bugs, chiggers, killer bees. Insect life is fun in the south. BUT Wisconsin has you beat as far as Mosquitos are concerned. I think it is their state bird.

Palmetto bugs=fancy name for COCKROACHES!!!!!! BIG cockroaches!!!

Edited by Crowncontramom

Haha, never heard them called Palmetto bugs. As for the water, well you're just not used to it...if you think there's a sulfur taste or smell...then so be it. I don't see that, because I'm used to it, and it's pretty clean to me.

So sick of hearing that its so hot in the south.

Its been hotter in the North (over 100 dgrees) than here in S. Florida the last two weeks. We average 90 everyday

My hottest day ever on tour was in Iowa when the bank across the street said the temperature was 104.

BUT Wisconsin has you beat as far as Mosquitos are concerned. I think it is their state bird.

I was in a Wisconsin corps that practiced right by the Mississippi River for everydays... I have my old practice gloves and there are blood spots from the mosquitos. You get immune to them, I don't even notice when I get bitten, 11 years after marching. Couldn't swat then, don't swat now.

Palmetto bugs=fancy name for COCKROACHES!!!!!! BIG cockroaches!!!

That is Florida!

Alabama, we have fire ants and I'm also immune to them and have "fire ant radar", I can avoid them no problem.

Oh yea, fire ants are pretty bad...but you wouldn't just walk down the road on a typical day and see tons of them. They usually come out in swampy and moist places...most of the time being small high school fields that the corps practice on!

Well, I live in South Carolina, and the water is brown, my trailer and car got no air conditioning, the out house needs to be dug out again, and if it wasnt for breaking into the school library tonight, I would have no access to internet to post this silly comment! It's simply awful down here! So, for all you New Yorkers (of which I am one)midwesterners, and Florida halfbacks, stay away! Its the pits!!

South=Hot

:tongue:

EVERYWHERE=Hot.

Having lived on every coast in the US, North, South, East, and West, I can say with some authority that it's pretty hot EVERYWHERE in the summer.

This year it's been in the 90s almost every day in June in the DC area, which has been similar to what I've experienced in the South and in the West during the summer.

I guess I'm saying that it's hotter than normal further North and the corps aren't getting any relief by not having shows in the South this year.

I just think they're trying to concentrate the shows into more populated regions closer to the championship while maintaining Texas and supporting the Ca corps coming East.

Not too many corps are coming from the South compared to the West and the Midwest and East.

Just my take on this issue.

BUT Wisconsin has you beat as far as Mosquitos are concerned. I think it is their state bird.

ha ha that's what they say in arkansas. they are HUGE there & will tear your a** up!