Misconception about placements...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The most lergendary Corps of all time selected by the fans did not play " loud ". ( 84 Cadets )

There were moments in that show where they were as loud as anything I ever heard. They just didn't play loud all the time, and sported a pretty nice dynamic range. They may not have been as loud as BD that year, but they could open it up with the best of them.

I know you're not talking to me, but I heard the audio of their show. The music bored me...but hey, if they have the talent and the technique to make Finals, more power to them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last corps to make Finals for the first time was Cascades in 2002. I sure wouldn't mind seeing another new corps on Saturday night this year!

I know nothing about Academy's show this year... I just feel like the OP has some issue or something. This is his 2nd thread wondering how someone could pick Academy to finish in 12th, even though he has nothing to go on except the scores.

I'm not starting this thread to call anybody out, or cause a huge argument.

But...I've noticed a LOT here lately that a lot of people have the wrong mindset of where a corps should be placed and why. I seen a reply to a post about Academy that I made. I asked the question: What am I missing from Academy that should prove to me that they're good enough to make Finals. A reply I got was "I love Academy's music this year, that's why."

Ok, that's my point. There's a difference between "liking" a corps and thinking they should make the top 12, than actually realizing the potential for a corps to make the top 12, that's not necessarily your favorite. I don't know of any other way to say it than that. I may not be the biggest fan of The Cadets, but that doesn't mean I just count them out of their deserved placement come Finals. On the flip side, I may have been a huge fan of Spirit last year, but I didn't just say they should make Finals all because they were my favorite. I realized their struggles, and understood why they didn't make Finals.

And before someone replies and says what I think they'll say, I'll go ahead and answer the future question:

I realize that what we say doesn't make ANY difference on the judges decision, but at least put a little thought into why you think a corps should place here, or place there.

you too