BK vs. SCV

Sorry but I dont understand what the Blue Knights have to do with the SCV hornline night NOT having a good performance.

I thought corps could only have control over their own shows....

I agree with you. If you'll look at my previous post, the hornline did NOT have a poor performance. I was there, and the recap tells the story. GE and Visual was the culprit.

Sorry but I dont understand what the Blue Knights have to do with the SCV hornline night NOT having a good performance.

I thought corps could only have control over their own shows....

Nowhere in any of my posts did I state or suggest that the SCV hornline did not have a good performance. From what I understand about that night the opposite is true.

Ooops I misread...I thought you said "should" be worried about instead of "could". My apologies to ElSaurez!

Motivating the kids when they feel like they've been slotted is a hard thing to do...but there is much more season left and this "defeat" might be good for both corps in the long run!

Edited by shostahoosier

As someone who marched during the GR era in the mid-80s, more often than not GR would be the one to do a quick review of the recap as we stood in the circle around him after retreat. I can tell you that all was not "warm & fuzzy"; if we stunk; it showed on his face...he would get really quiet so observers couldn't hear, and we knew the next day was going to be hell. And it was. We got angry...I personally broke all the welds on my horn my last year simply from squeezing my hands in anger when the comments rained down on us during days like these; thankfully the DC gods provided repairs before Finals in the form of duct tape.

Gail must have mellowed by your time. I remember in ’73 after one of the DATR shows (there were 3 back then). As we circled up after the show I expected a very happy GR. After all we had won the show by over a six points. Not so, the first words out of his mouth, “You sucked! Be prepared to work your ##### off tomorrow, dismissed!” I remember walking back to the bus thinking what BS. I guess after what happened in ’72 he wasn’t going to let us get overconfident.

Yay!! First post! And I am soooo happy to be able to say, in my very first post..... Congrats Santa Clara Vanguard on your night!! I am a big, big fan of your Bartok show!! (also, I believe SCV passed up Phantom Regiment tonight?? Is that correct??)

I. Love. This. Post.

Love it! Yes! Vanguard, please get some of Gail's "special sauce" and get back on top. If it means regime change ... then so be because this might not be how Gail would like his drum corps.

And for my next post....... I guess it doesn't count as "passing" Regiment when the scores are from different shows?? I'm still learning...... :tongue:

Keep up the good work BK!!! You got Round 1!!! You can get round 3!!!

Remember, YOU GO ON!!!!!!!!

MFBK!!!!

This is not over. How fun for BK to be going rounds with SCV.

nice.

<edit>

P.S. MFBK Percussion!!!! 2nd by tenths!!! That's legit!

Edited by Madrid

Keep up the good work BK!!! You got Round 1!!! You can get round 3!!!

Remember, YOU GO ON!!!!!!!!

MFBK!!!!

This is not over. How fun for BK to be going rounds with SCV.

nice.

<edit>

P.S. MFBK Percussion!!!! 2nd by tenths!!! That's legit!

I wouldn't get too excited. :tongue:

We'll see what happens by Finals.