Phantom Dress Rehearsal

Phantom Regiment Dress Rehearsal - Saturday June 7th

The weather was perfect and the appreciative crowd was large.

PR rolled out their new show complete with their new uni's, new drums & new King horns last night to a very receptive crowd at Winnebago High School. New uniforms look outstanding. New horns sound great - They can still peel the skin off your face even though they are not using G horns anymore.

The Cannon opener is stunningly beautiful combination of rich music and great flag work by the color guard. The show continues with Wild Nights, Lord's Prayer, and Ostinato.

The music sounds great and for being June 7th, the drill looks clean (although I'm sure it will be enhanced and modified as the summer progresses). They performed the entire show twice so I got to pick out more on the 2nd run through. The drum line is larger than I remember in recent years, and is prominently featured during the show.

Interesting fact - the last time PR made the trip to California, none of the current members were born yet....

A good deal of time spent blah blahing with my son and Phamily and then the 3 hour drive home is not helping the quality of this review, so I'll close out. :huh:

It's a great show - the fans in Toledo for the opener are in for a treat. :)

What do the new uniforms look like? Would you describe what's changed, please?

If you look in the General Junior Corps Discussion section, there is a PR uniform message string with links to actual pictures.

When was the last time they went out to California?

Not trying to spread rumors, but I heard last time they came out to Cali, some members got in trouble so the corps never came back. I dont remember who told me that but, is it true? Just curious

Not trying to spread rumors, but I heard last time they came out to Cali, some members got in trouble so the corps never came back. I dont remember who told me that but, is it true? Just curious

I was on that tour. It was in 1981 and it was a fantastic time - and there is absolutely no truth to the rumor you mention. I've never even heard anything about it before now. The tour was fun, incredibly productive, and we were given the warmest welcome imaginable by the folks out west. I envy the current membership even more than usual this year! B)

I was on that tour. It was in 1981 and it was a fantastic time - and there is absolutely no truth to the rumor you mention. I've never even heard anything about it before now. The tour was fun, incredibly productive, and we were given the warmest welcome imaginable by the folks out west. I envy the current membership even more than usual this year! B)

Even when certain members of BD "helped" line the field (oohh, RRoooooobbbbb!!!)?? Must've been fun marching in a trapezoid!

I'd never heard PR members got into tgrouble, but I WAS hearing that the corps got screwed financially by DCWest...

Even when certain members of BD "helped" line the field (oohh, RRoooooobbbbb!!!)?? Must've been fun marching in a trapezoid!

I'd never heard PR members got into tgrouble, but I WAS hearing that the corps got screwed financially by DCWest...

:P Which field are you referring to? Our reheasal field in Stockton, or the field in Concord where the competition was held? Or another field in CA altogether?