• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You have more energy than a room full of 5 year olds on meth! :devil:

Dont know about the meth reference but the energy reference I am good with.

It will be quite an interesting 2011 seeing that 8 Corps this next year will be working on 2 shows for there summer and the other 15 will be doing what they do best. Working on The DCI World Championship. Not that I am hoping for the 8 to do worse in 2011 but I am looking forward to seeing some new blood at the top. IMHO the top 8 of 2010 are going top be ripe for the picking in 2011.

MADISON, BOSTON, BLUE KNIGHTS, GLASSMEN.

CROSSMEN, ACADEMY, THE COLTS, SPIRIT of ATLANTA, TROOPERS, and all the others not at the top.

Is this the year that we have some parity in the upper ranks of World Class, I think so. I also think that it will be good for Drum Corps in general to see all the Corps in 2011 bring there a games and show everyone that in World Class that there are no lower tier Corps in our activity.

Dont know about anybody else but it really feels good saying SPIRIT of ATLANTA agian.

Dont know about the meth reference but the energy reference I am good with.

It will be quite an interesting 2011 seeing that 8 Corps this next year will be working on 2 shows for there summer and the other 15 will be doing what they do best. Working on The DCI World Championship. Not that I am hoping for the 8 to do worse in 2011 but I am looking forward to seeing some new blood at the top. IMHO the top 8 of 2010 are going top be ripe for the picking in 2011.

MADISON, BOSTON, BLUE KNIGHTS, GLASSMEN.

CROSSMEN, ACADEMY, THE COLTS, SPIRIT of ATLANTA, TROOPERS, and all the others not at the top.

Is this the year that we have some parity in the upper ranks of World Class, I think so. I also think that it will be good for Drum Corps in general to see all the Corps in 2011 bring there a games and show everyone that in World Class that there are no lower tier Corps in our activity.

Dont know about anybody else but it really feels good saying SPIRIT of ATLANTA agian.

I don't think the "extra" material the top 8 are going to learn will hurt them. I do not think we will see much change again next year in the top 12. Maybe some movement within it, but nothing dramatic.

:tongue: what an odd thread. it's like one user's facebook status update feed, all DCI related. just talking to themselves. what the heck, lol. who bumps their own thread from 2 months ago???

:lol: what an odd thread. it's like one user's facebook status update feed, all DCI related. just talking to themselves. what the heck, lol. who bumps their own thread from 2 months ago???

I guess to answer your question, I did. It is odd, but I have to say that looking for rivalries in the ranks of World Class to me will drum up some diversity in the ranks. I want to see this top 8 from 2010 get challenged from everyone else in World Class, I want to go to shows next year and not know that said Corps is going to win before the shows even start.

I want to see new blood at the top and some classic challenges in all the ranks of World Class. There is so much push for those Corps at the top that the Corps that are not there yet could use a little push, a friendly reminder that there are fans that want to see other Corps challenge for the spots above 9th place. And in reality it is not a bad thing to want to have this.

Alot of talk this off season has been about other Corps stepping up to the plate, not just members but the organizations period. Its happening and I hope it makes a big difference in 2011. There will be a divide this next season.

Show #1

Cavaliers

Blue Devils

Carolina Crown

Blue Stars

SCV

Cadets

Bluecoats

Phantom Regiment

In this show, how hard will it be to pick the winner on any given night? Pretty easy just look at finals last year.

Now- same night Show #2

Academy

Crossmen

Troopers

Jersey Surf

Pioneer

Teal Sound

Madison Scouts

Boston Crusaders

Glassmen

Spirit of Atlanta

Colts

Blue Knights

Mandarins

Pacific Crest

Cascades

In this show it would be hard to place these Corps any given night IMHO. The rivalries could and should be surprising. Should be fun to watch the process unfold. These shows are going to be wonderful just for the mere fact that we really wont know who will be winning each and every night. Which is good for the activity.