SCV Battery 2010

My rookie year 1988 - 3 snare vets, 1 tenor vet, 0 bass vets, 1 cymbal vet. Result: High Drums (a lot can happen in a short amount of time).

My "nothing" year 1984 - 5 vets, 12 nothings, and 47 (count 'em, 47!) rookies. Result: High Brass. A lot happened in a short amount of time, indeed. As an added bonus, a very high percentage of those 47 rookies were 4th-year vets in 1987. Result: High Brass again.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One would wonder why any corp would not want a WGI line. If you want the best...who ya gonna get??

Lets see SCV should pull from Pulse and RCC, yep that might do, a battery filled with Pulse and RCC.

I guess they could just weed out all the BA's from WGI lines and just get a battery with NO WGI members. Lets see, yep that sounds good....let all the wgi'ers go down the road to Blue Devils.

I think a corp would be nuts not to want WGI lines. Sure some weekends in the winter may be an issue. but that all ends in April.

SCV had a rule this season that you could not have any conflicts with their camp schedule...no exceptions. That meant that anyone involved in indoor drumline most likely could not participate in SCV's line.

I thought so...when I saw that there seemed to be relatively NO one from previous years in the line, you don't age out an entire battery; basses, tenors and snares...impossible, but even worse they just aren't technically as savy as usual...hence the youthfullness...this could be a long term problem...you have to pull out every stop to compete with Scott and Dev's, you had better do it

...wow, a rule that would proclude quality members from marching...and quite possibly allowing them to travel up north...interesting...you have taken one of the strongest suits of the corps and THE quintessential battery that had a Corner on the market for "the Lot" and basically destroyed it, not to mention...right now SCV just seems to be Cavies sprinkled with a dash(maybe only a sprinkle) of SCV.