DCI Minnesota

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some very drum corps starved families and friends of current marchers and former marchers here in the Twin Cites as well as a very active high school marching band scene - the Stillwater Show is always a sellout - it would be neat to this show bring in the kind of numbers Drum Beauty at Parade stadium used to.

TCF Bank stadium seats 40,000 - so you would think there would be at least 6,000 - 8,000 good seats for a drum corps show... ticks starting at $27 is going to keep many away though... I wonder how TCF Bank Stadium will compare with UW's Camp Randall for a drum corps venue - from the looks of it, TCF looks to be lower and more of a bowl -

From what I have gathered, ticket sales are doing well ... it's going to be an awesome show!

I can't wait for the show! This weekend can't get here fast enough. However, I am not looking forward to the drive from Kansas to Minneapolis.

I can't wait for the show! This weekend can't get here fast enough. However, I am not looking forward to the drive from Kansas to Minneapolis.

:thumbup:

It's not that bad a drive..Once you get around KC on 35, it's actually a nice run..

Although I wouldn't recommend it during a blizzard or ice/snow storm, which I have done more than once..Once you get past Des Moines, it's usually wide open..

MapQuest shows Lenexa to Minneapolis is about 7 hours give or take.

I suggest you have a GPS or something to advise you of the lane closures or restrictions as you get close to "the cities".

Pat

BTW - I've heard some numbers on advance ticket sales, but I can't be specific on numbers (cuz I don't have direct info)..I CAN assure you that this will more than likely be the largest crowd to see a Drum Corps show here in Minnesota..Even bigger than the old AL / VFW National shows in the 50's and 60's..

Edited by goalieguy

I am quite familiar with driving in the Minneapolis area. I used to live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan so I made the drive up IH35 to Duluth many times. I haven't decided on whether to head up early Saturday morning or on Friday. I am staying at the Radisson near the stadium. I heard Al's in Dinkytown has a good breakfast.

Ticket sales are going extremely well! This is going to be a great crowd.

For those of you joining us from out of town (and well, for those in town as well!) be aware that (besides the weather) the only thing the organizing committee has not be able to iron out ahead of time are road closures due to construction :thumbup:

This weekend, two key arteries will be affected by road closures impacting those traveling from the West and from the South. (If you're coming from Canada or Duluth you're in great shape!)

Here's the newspaper article: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/...dges/index.html

And the much more helpful MNDOT web site: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/...dges/index.html

If you're coming from . . . oh . . . say, Kansas, you make take 35E rather than 35W (at the split in Burnsville) and head into St. Paul. Then head West on I-94.

See you Saturday!

Not to be a downer, but I am tired of hearing that ticket sales to any show are going awesome, but there is never any kind of inkling as to the number already sold. If I am promoting it, I say there is xxxxx amount of seats and there are xxxxx amount of good ones left. I think you will do great with your show, but this is in every show, no one ever wants to say a true number. Why? I don't want to just drive to Mn ( 5 hours ) and find out that it is sold out, but maybe, I don't know if I can go yet, so would like to know what the chances are of seats available. See my point? If its close to a sell out, state it. Just my .02 but yes it can be called a rant. Good luck though with what should be the best sounding show of the year.