DCI Minnesota

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could this be a good trial run for that 'off year' where we dont have Lucas Oil Booked (or if we pulled out of there entirely at some point)? I think Minneapolis could be a great city to hold finals in.

And since by law, schools cannot start before Labor Day in Minnesota, it MIGHT be easier to find housing for corps in the Twin Cities.

And since by law, schools cannot start before Labor Day in Minnesota, it MIGHT be easier to find housing for corps in the Twin Cities.

:tongue:

Better check your data..not ALL schools start after Labor Day in Minnesota..records show that 24 or more school districts have been given permission to open BEFORE Labor Day...

And it's NEVER easy to find housing for corps in the Twin Cities..at least without extreme expense.

I expect that if this weekend works out, it might help get the Chambers of Commerce and the rest of those business wonks to see something pretty cool going on..

Pat

Dose anyone have any idea what the starting line-up will be and who will the judges be for this event !

Max capacity on the concert side is 12,500.

Maybe we'll hit that Saturday night ...

a little small for a potential finals site

:tongue:

Better check your data..not ALL schools start after Labor Day in Minnesota..records show that 24 or more school districts have been given permission to open BEFORE Labor Day...

And it's NEVER easy to find housing for corps in the Twin Cities..at least without extreme expense.

I expect that if this weekend works out, it might help get the Chambers of Commerce and the rest of those business wonks to see something pretty cool going on..

Pat

Hence the emphasis on the word MIGHT in my original post. And I believe those schools have to apply for exemptions on a yearly basis.

The housing expense in MN could not be any more than it was in Florida when they always had to put those corps up in hotels.