DCI Minnesota

Not to be a downer, but I am tired of hearing that ticket sales to any show are going awesome, but there is never any kind of inkling as to the number already sold. If I am promoting it, I say there is xxxxx amount of seats and there are xxxxx amount of good ones left. I think you will do great with your show, but this is in every show, no one ever wants to say a true number. Why? I don't want to just drive to Mn ( 5 hours ) and find out that it is sold out, but maybe, I don't know if I can go yet, so would like to know what the chances are of seats available. See my point? If its close to a sell out, state it. Just my .02 but yes it can be called a rant. Good luck though with what should be the best sounding show of the year.

Well, if you want to take a look yourself, go into the ticket ordering system and see what you can get for a pair of tickets in any of the levels. Right now, im finding the best pair of seats i can get in the 'regular' sections is in section 238 (which looks like it runs from the 10 to the 20 on this map http://stadium.gophersports.com/docs/concourse_map.pdf) or i can get into one of the outer sections (4) of the outdoor club for 60 bucks (which looks like it runs from the 25 to the 35)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a downer, but I am tired of hearing that ticket sales to any show are going awesome, but there is never any kind of inkling as to the number already sold. If I am promoting it, I say there is xxxxx amount of seats and there are xxxxx amount of good ones left. I think you will do great with your show, but this is in every show, no one ever wants to say a true number. Why? I don't want to just drive to Mn ( 5 hours ) and find out that it is sold out, but maybe, I don't know if I can go yet, so would like to know what the chances are of seats available. See my point? If its close to a sell out, state it. Just my .02 but yes it can be called a rant. Good luck though with what should be the best sounding show of the year.

DCI is producing this show and ticket sale numbers are their data to release or not release. What we know as an organizing committee is exactly what was stated: ticket sales are going really well! I think the best evidence of that is going to the online system and seeing what's available. There are no pairs of tickets available in the middle four sections although you can still get some good single tickets if you want.

Hope you make the trip!

I just read the articles about the road closures. It appears that part of 35W is going to be closed. Now I have a question. Should I take the Washington Ave. exit off of 94 to get to East Campus (Radisson Hotel and TCF Bank)? How much more driving time should I plan for this?

Thanks,

Gary

I just read the articles about the road closures. It appears that part of 35W is going to be closed. Now I have a question. Should I take the Washington Ave. exit off of 94 to get to East Campus (Radisson Hotel and TCF Bank)? How much more driving time should I plan for this?

Thanks,

Gary

:lol:

Gary -

If what I read is correct, you CAN stay on 35W as far as the "DOWNTOWN EXITS" (Highway 65).

You could follow 5th Avenue into downtown to 4th Street (1 blk after the light rail lines) and turn right onto 4th St. S. Stay on that and follow it around the Metrodome and it will take you to the Washington Avenue bridge that crosses over to the East Bank of the campus.

If you are staying at the Radisson 'Metrodome', you're just around the corner from "the Bank". The hotel is right on Washington about 1.5 blocks west from Oak St., and about 3 blocks south of the stadium. Stub & Herb's is on the corner of Washington and Oak, so one of the after-show centers is right up the street. There's an Applebee's attached to the hotel as well.

The hotel is about 4 blocks or so after you cross the river(it'll be on the left).

Hope that helps!

Pat

Edited by goalieguy

I'm hoping there will be even more people than expected at DCI Minnesota. I wrote a few general-audience articles about the show, which should attract some casual fans as well as bring out hardcore fans from the woodwork, in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune. The online versions are here:

Top drum corps march into town: An unprecedented 23 marching-and-music ensembles are competing Saturday at TCF Bank Stadium as part of a national tour

Made in Minnesota: Homegrown drum corps have members of all ages

You be the judge: 5 things to look for at Saturday's show

I make no excuses for the online editor who "corrected" "corps" to "corp." ;-)

I'm hoping there will be even more people than expected at DCI Minnesota. I wrote a few general-audience articles about the show, which should attract some casual fans as well as bring out hardcore fans from the woodwork, in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune. The online versions are here:

Top drum corps march into town: An unprecedented 23 marching-and-music ensembles are competing Saturday at TCF Bank Stadium as part of a national tour

Thank you for being an educated writer on the topic! Obviously by you posting on the forum, you know about the activity. I HAAAAAAAATE it when you get reporters assigned to write about the band show :doh:

Now about that editor.... :lol:

:doh:

Randy -

Finally got to read your articles online this morning..Thanks again for putting in the good word for the locals..

I, like you feel that this HAS to be possibly the biggest show ever held here. I didn't get to see any of the early VFW / Legion shows held here, but remembering Parade Stadium, the MOST they could get on the concert side was 8,000 according to my old friends at the Parks and Rec. Dept.

If this show doesn't get more than that, I will be surprised. Unless Mother Nature deals us a really bad hand, this will be a great show! If you come over, stop by the MBI souvie booth.

Pat

BTW to jts5032 - Randy marched with Suncoast Sound...Yeah, he knows what's up! :lol:

Thanks for your advice on driving through the construction. :lol: I am ready to get to Minneapolis! I owe you a drink!

Gary