Phantoms guard

This is much ado about nothing as Phantom isn't known for having an elite guard lately. They've only had one top 3 finish since 2005.

Yes. This.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Boston supporter, but I've got to tell you that I am uncomfortable with some of the things being said on this thread about PR's guard members. It's one thing to critique a program or a performance, but something else entirely when you start to bring up personality clashes/drama among the members of a drum corps.

Give them a break......I'm sure they're busting their humps right now, and we all have a lot better things to talk about than their laundry....dirty or otherwise.

Time to move on.

yes, please do.

Well the guard IS a problem for Phantom. A rudimentary look at any recent recap with show you that the guard is single-handedly costing PR at least one or two spots in placement every night.

I can also tell you that there is a mounting frustration in the other sections of the corps, who are starting to feel the sting of having their own efforts brought down by a unit who is not performing at the same level as the rest of the corps. There is also talk of a major staf overhaul, possible even a mid-season change,

Edited by TwoValves

Phantom Regiment (the full corps, not just the color guard) have traditionally been slow starters.

A long time ago they used to come out of the gate blazing, and then would gradually lose distance as the season progressed.

Edited by LincolnV

A long time ago they used to come out of the gate blazing, and then would gradually lose distance as the season progressed.

they also had a guard that was fierce as hell in the 70's and 80's. that's a tradition worth preserving.

I can also tell you that there is a mounting frustration in the other sections of the corps, who are starting to feel the sting of having their own efforts brought down by a unit who is not performing at the same level as the rest of the corps. There is also talk of a major staf overhaul, possible even a mid-season change,

I listen to them the most. The show hits me in the 'ole ticker. Last year it was Vanguard. This year it's Phantom.

...so in many ways they have already won regardless of placement.

Go Phantom!

This is so wrong. You do not march the corps, so do not presume to speak for how the membership is feeling. A major staff overhaul mid-season? wrong again.... people who start rumors like this cause more drama than they solve.

This is so wrong. You do not march the corps, so do not presume to speak for how the membership is feeling. A major staff overhaul mid-season? wrong again.... people who start rumors like this cause more drama than they solve.

Do not presume to know what I know or how I know it. This information was given to me by a member of the horn line. How do you presume to know that this is NOT true? Do you have direct contact with any current member of Phantom?