Phantoms guard

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They often start off with lower scores, and then work it up over the course of the season. In 08, for example, they were more or less a mess at the beginning of the season, but were one of the best guards that year by season's end. They aren't like Crown, BD et al, who tend to hit the ground running.

They're a great guard. They'll be fine.

Word is that they love their show, they love their uniforms, they love their work; they just don't get along. Lots of young blood that is clashing with the seasoned veterans. This is in stark contrast to last year when they didn't like the show, didn't like the uniforms, didn't like their staging (for good reason), but got along great and were very close.

Word is that they love their show, they love their uniforms, they love their work; they just don't get along. Lots of young blood that is clashing with the seasoned veterans. This is in stark contrast to last year when they didn't like the show, didn't like the uniforms, didn't like their staging (for good reason), but got along great and were very close.

apparently it's the guys who are the problem this year.

good thing I read to the end of the thread before I responded...

I was going to write "guard has the most girls... and girls have the most drama", but since you wrote it is the guys... I will not write that. :thumbup:

thats what i was thinking at first lol

I was going to write "guard has the most girls... and girls have the most drama", but since you wrote it is the guys... I will not write that. :thumbup:

Guard also has the most gay guys, and they have just as much drama if not more than girls. So...

i don't know if they're causing any drama, but they've been the ones i've heard the most complaints about. apparently learning their stuff and executing it has been a problem. i can see where that would lead to some in-fighting though.

one of my big concerns was that (you can look back through the corps' photo albums from this year) the guard came in WAY out of shape and didn't spend a lot of time on basics so that they'd be consistent in their work across the board.

not to mention that their work isn't as difficult or executed as well as the corps around them (or in the same league as the brass and percussion). it's all kinds of a recipe for disaster.

They're not the cleanest and they may not toss as much as other great color guards (like Crown and SCV), but their book is intricate, demanding, and VERY musical. The way that the flag's choreography uses the silk in different ways is definitely noteworthy. All of their ensemble moments are beautiful and as a group they move very very well this year.

I don't think we really need to get on here and air any dirty laundry about personalities, individual execution levels, and who ate what for lunch. I wouldn't call the Regiment's guard a disaster at all. Sure there is work to do, and I'm sure the staff and members know that. Just the fact that they all love the show and have faith in the staff will help them climb to where they need to be mentally and emotionally by the end of the season. At least we can say that there is far less tweaking needed than there was at this point last year. For now the name of the game is cleaning cleaning cleaning.