Forte

Platinum

Genesis

Strangnas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. talk about a "finalist" badge gimme. "hey look, we're a Open Class Finalist." "hey look, everyone is."

there will be 19 corps competing at michigan city.

1-3 Oregon Crusaders, Blue Devils B, Spartans - I think any one of these corps have a legit shot at the championship spot. The question that will always come up now that div. 2 & 3 are combined is, "Does a smaller drum corps that has legitimate quality stand a chance against a corps that is maxed out in terms of member numbers????"

4-6 Raiders, Revolution, 7th Regiment. - I wouldn't be surprised if you see a Caption Award winner out of these groups.

7-12 well, I have no idea. I do suspect that the Colt Cadets will slide into Open Class Finals for the first time, though!!! If that happens, nothing else will even compare to the sheer awesomeness of that achievement.

1-3 Oregon Crusaders, Blue Devils B, Spartans - I think any one of these corps have a legit shot at the championship spot. The question that will always come up now that div. 2 & 3 are combined is, "Does a smaller drum corps that has legitimate quality stand a chance against a corps that is maxed out in terms of member numbers????"

4-6 Raiders, Revolution, 7th Regiment. - I wouldn't be surprised if you see a Caption Award winner out of these groups.

7-12 well, I have no idea. I do suspect that the Colt Cadets will slide into Open Class Finals for the first time, though!!! If that happens, nothing else will even compare to the sheer awesomeness of that achievement.

I just saw the Bridgewater show I was in Bristol 2 weeks ago and I do not know what they did btr 7th Reg ...um ...WOW what a jump from the Bristol show and they earned it .....i think 7th Reg now has a better show than the Spartans

I just saw the Bridgewater show I was in Bristol 2 weeks ago and I do not know what they did btr 7th Reg ...um ...WOW what a jump from the Bristol show and they earned it .....i think 7th Reg now has a better show than the Spartans

I had to work tonight - so glad to hear 7th turned it up a couple of notches.

How great is it to see some good competition between two New England Corps too?

When's the last time? Spartans and EC Jazz? I don't know.

I had to work tonight - so glad to hear 7th turned it up a couple of notches.

How great is it to see some good competition between two New England Corps too?

When's the last time? Spartans and EC Jazz? I don't know.

That would be it

funny story some members of the Spartans came in the stands and were sitting next to me and some were wearing Citation hornline shorts lol

That would be it

funny story some members of the Spartans came in the stands and were sitting next to me and some were wearing Citation hornline shorts lol

Why is that a funny story?? Kids aren't allowed to march a different drum corp after one goes inactive?

I just don't see it. Spartans scored a 75.80 tonight...BDB just dropped an 85.50 in Corona this evening....I know they are different competitions

but...and the last time the Oregon Crusaders performed, I believe they lost to SCVC by six points. The Vanguard Cadets have not beaten BDB since

2008 and lost by 1.1 pts tonight.

As for your question about smaller vs larger....BDB is not only larger but also of higher quality show. Have you seen them? they are

World Class level.

no, I think the only real question left is if the Santa Clara Vanguard Cadets can upset BDB tomorrow night in Paramount (this is the last time they meet head-to-head this season). They scored an 84.40 tonight and are the last real threat to a back-to-back undefeated season for BDB (in my opinion).

stay tuned...

Cali.

Edited by Calistar

Why is that a funny story?? Kids aren't allowed to march a different drum corp after one goes inactive?

no just the past few years staff and members have been going back and forth