Open Class Predictions

BDB does not "approach kids from the more competitive bands". The are very unassuming at these competitions. They set up a table, with information and answer questions, hand out flyers, just to get the word out to high school bands. An open audition is held.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So while other corps can't practice due to schedules, work, facilities and other things..

I think many, if not all of the Open Class corps ARE also rehearsing. I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from here.

Why doesn't Gold go to DCI? They seem like a very good corps which a lot of talent.

It is a shame not to see them at DCI.

Have they ever gone? Probably when it was in Cali but any other time?

The only time they went was when it was in Pasadena in 07, but they didn't make it past Semis. They started getting really good in 08 or 09 I think.

It's a shame for us that we can't see them in Lucas Oil yet, but this is great for Gold. The Academy waited about five years before making their first trip to finals and look at where they are now! A tour from the west coast is incredibly expensive even by drum corps standards, so any unnecessary (or in this case early) expenses could destroy Gold's momentum. They'll make the trip when they're ready, and hopefully the wait will be worth it when they don't end up like so many other Open Class corps.

Edited by MetalTones2012

I think many, if not all of the Open Class corps ARE also rehearsing. I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from here.

I think what he means is that most other corps either already had their death camp or aren't having one at all. A lot of Open Class corps are weekend-only until they tour to finals, but the Raiders set aside one week before their tour for a short period of all-days.

I guess my question was, are the top 10 Open class corps all having a 1 week camp the week before they head out to wrap up the season. I know BDB is out doing shows and there are a few shows coming this week were open class corps are present. But I was just wondering if corps like 7th Regiment or Revo have a 6 day all day/night camp going on this week before they head out on the Open Class tour.

I don't think there are very many weekend-only corps out there anymore. I am not sure anyone has had this past week off, or this coming week with the open Class tour kicking off this coming weekend

I guess my question was, are the top 10 Open class corps all having a 1 week camp the week before they head out to wrap up the season. I know BDB is out doing shows and there are a few shows coming this week were open class corps are present. But I was just wondering if corps like 7th Regiment or Revo have a 6 day all day/night camp going on this week before they head out on the Open Class tour.

Revo has been on tour since June 20th. Over the past few weeks there were periods of time where the corps would practice for 3-5 days straight at a housing site, but the members never go home all season. The corps has had intermittent shows since the California tour but are up north for the final push. Revolution only had a 13 day "all-days" before heading to Cali.

Just thought I would clear it up since I have first hand experience.