Fairfax (VA) Fiesta!

Does anyone know the housing sites for the Fairfax show? I know that Blue Devils are doing a camp at George Mason so they are there, but does anyone have info on the other corps?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the housing sites for the Fairfax show? I know that Blue Devils are doing a camp at George Mason so they are there, but does anyone have info on the other corps?

check the site www.manydc.org and click events, they are updating housing info there

At this late date, only three corps have housing sites???? That really sucks. Sounds like it may be another 2007 San Diego show, where corps had to scramble to find their own housing and at least two wound up sleeping in their buses.

This is complicated by the fact that Fairfax County schools do not permit overnight use of their facilities.

This is complicated by the fact that Fairfax County schools do not permit overnight use of their facilities.

For real? What a shame. That's very interesting because music use to be SO important to them there. All of the music programs were just outstanding. I would think they would welcome another musical organization intoe there buildings to promote musical growth among their kids. I guess the corps will have to go to Maryland. I hope no one will have to sleep on buses. That is just wrong.........

I guess the corps will have to go to Maryland.

That was the case for the Arlington show, which was on a Saturday. I don't envy anyone having to get from any distance away to GMU during a weekday evening rush hour (myself included). Can you say recipe for disaster? Memo to bus drivers: If you leave at about 3:00 AM the morning of the show, you might just make it in time!