Rockford, IL

SCV won guard.

9.0 and 8.5

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam! :worthy:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son is marching SCV this year - mello. Do you have a child in Vanguard as well? Great score for SCV tonight - stoked for them!

Nephew in Cadets....presents little "johnny" with his shako.

Go Patrick!

Edited by BigDale

kilties: they are a younger looking group this year. Like always, they play to the crowd and play music the crowd knows the horns and drums coming up intermingling with the pit and blowing the crowd away is great. I hadn't seen them in a couple of weeks. Show is really evolving.

The Kilties were so much improved since I saw them in Madison.

GO MAD PLAID. Take it home and have a great time doing it!

Racine Scouts: they look much better with Corp and pit in full uniform including those 'crome' helmits. The horns are getting better. I think every horn has a solo in the program. Keep it up Racine!

Really, the best battery that the Scouts have ever had...several old school folks were in the stands and agreed, better than the late '60s and early '70s. The Best Ever. See you in finals!

Pioneer: choir robes and church music. Urging the crowd to clap along with opening music fun. When the horns stand up from behind the screens and play the first few bars - the crowd was really impressed. Marching is cleaner. Spacing is better. Solos were very good. Much better Pio corps this year!

water break...

SCV: corps is slit up into groups around the field. Hard to see every thing going on. Very simple minimalistic first half of show. I'd call the music dark but interesting. The last 3 minutes or so is very different. The corps parts gather inthe middle of the field and do some great turns and play louder and faster. Great guard work but I feel that they done stand out as much visually as they could. But they were good. Seeing this was the first time I'd seen SCV I have nothing to compair show to. But it's a good show. Didn't see glaring feet issues. Spacing seemed good.

Really nice stuff. Synth never got in the way of the field brass, especially bass line.

BREATHTAKING....what is that, synth, field, where is that coming from?....

Cadets: lots of changes in the overall drill - I think. Opening march in with Jeffery seems the same which is great. blaaaaalllllllllll...

Nice. Hop was right there about 10 feet from me and palm drumming right along.

GO GO GAAFIELD!

Phantom: New beginning of show. Horns were under the stadium stands. Interesting sound but will it wwork at the oil dome??? Soloist dressed in orange seemed to have less solos tonight. Man does this corps move! All kinds of shapes spins and tons of jazz running. Wow! They play soft. They play loud. The drums are smoking! The guard. What can I say. They seem better but when I compare them to the crisp moves of the Cadets, not as crisp. At least one guard member was 'off' everytime I looked.

That was one of the most memorable Regiment performances ever. The guard unis were simply beautiful, almost breathtaking. The low end synth enhanced the tubas and bass line, but did not get in the way. SUTA. I sat with a good friend that was in PRC, marched with me in Colts and went on to be a backfield conductor his ageout year. We both loved it!

Where did you see this? I'm looking for a recap and there's nothing posted.

I had a recap in my hand for a few minutes last night.. I don't recall them WINNING color guard.. but I do recall them over PR by a pretty good margin (a point, at least, I think).

Stef

SCV did indeed win Guard last night....with a score of 17.5 to Cadets 17.2.

Of course...."She who should not be named" was judging guard, so take that for what it's worth :-P

SCV did indeed win Guard last night....with a score of 17.5 to Cadets 17.2.

Of course...."She who should not be named" was judging guard, so take that for what it's worth :-P

Ok that's the second time I've read this statement. Who exactly are you talking about? I wanna know!!!!

Where did you see this? I'm looking for a recap and there's nothing posted.

I have a personal recap service. :worthy:

Ok that's the second time I've read this statement. Who exactly are you talking about? I wanna know!!!!

Tekk that would defeat the purpose of not naming her....you'll have to check the recap. (Personally I have nothing against her, but I think it's a funny DCP thing) :worthy:

GE Visual Kyle Miller

GE Music John Bell

Vis. Performance Ed Warren

Vis. Ensemble Gary Czapinski

Color Guard Marie Czapinski

Music Brass Chester Phillips Music Ensemble Andy Cook

Percussion J.J. Pipitone

Recaps are posted for Rockford and Iowa shows at DCI.org