DCA corps at DCI MN

So I was unable to watch the live stream (which I dont mind seeing it was an empty field most of the time) but did anyone attend the show or watch the stream? How were the Govenaires and Minnesota Brass? For some reason they are not on the FN like they should be. Any reviews?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was unable to watch the live stream (which I dont mind seeing it was an empty field most of the time) but did anyone attend the show or watch the stream? How were the Govenaires and Minnesota Brass? For some reason they are not on the FN like they should be. Any reviews?

DCI FN usually post the performances a little later for everyone to see. I know it's not automatic after the live stream. Give it a couple of days. The show was cancelled after 14 of the 23 corps performed, so hopefully they still post the performances that were done.

I saw them. I was impressed with the Govenaires brass sound although they were a pretty small brass line. Takes very talented individuals to produce a good sound like that with so little. The drumline overpowered them at times but I'm sure it will be fixed with time.

MBI was awesome. I really though they had the show to win it until I heard the Zepplin piece. Made no sense to me at all with the whole production and it kinda cut the whole show in half for me. I'm sure with more time to clean it and perfect it it will eventually flow better with the whole Caravan theme. I love everything else about the show. Very powerful sound at times. I hope I can make it to DCA and see this show live!

Edited by Brigscontrachik05

DCI FN usually post the performances a little later for everyone to see. I know it's not automatic after the live stream. Give it a couple of days. The show was cancelled after 14 of the 23 corps performed, so hopefully they still post the performances that were done.

I saw them. I was impressed with the Governaires brass sound although they were a pretty small brass line. Takes very talented individuals to produce a good sound like that with so little. The drumline overpowered them at times but I'm sure it will be fixed with time.

MBI was awesome. I really though they had the show to win it until I heard the Zepplin piece. Made no sense to me at all with the whole production and it kinda cut the whole show in half for me. I'm sure with more time to clean it and perfect it it will eventually flow better with the whole Caravan theme. I love everything else about the show. Very powerful sound at times. I hope I can make it to DCA and see this show live!

There were a bunch posted this morning, as of a little while ago there was no change from what was posted this morning. I thought I read somewhere on the DCI boards that there are copyright issues with Crossmen, Colts, Govies and MBI because none of them are posted. Don't know if that's definite or speculation. FWIW, there is a clip on FN of OC corps Legend that is incorrectly listed as Govenaires...has been on there for the better part of a week, at least.

I saw them. I was impressed with the Governaires brass sound although they were a pretty small brass line. Takes very talented individuals to produce a good sound like that with so little. The drumline overpowered them at times but I'm sure it will be fixed with time.

Agree with your comments about Govenaires (no "r"). Really like their music selections and they performed very well with a smaller horn line. If I recall, there were only two trumpets so I was very impressed with the performance they put forth. I understand your comment about MBI and the Zepplin piece, but I have to admit that is my favorite tune in the show. Probably has something to do with my Rock and Roll days in High School.

There are 5 acts to our show... Camp, Mirage, Sandstorm, Oasis, and Caravan. Kashmir represents the sandstorm. The drill and body movements help portray fighting through the storm. Hope that clears up the confusion!

Agree with your comments about Govenaires (no "r"). Really like their music selections and they performed very well with a smaller horn line. If I recall, there were only two trumpets so I was very impressed with the performance they put forth. I understand your comment about MBI and the Zepplin piece, but I have to admit that is my favorite tune in the show. Probably has something to do with my Rock and Roll days in High School.

How much smaller is the hornline from last year?

There are 5 acts to our show... Camp, Mirage, Sandstorm, Oasis, and Caravan. Kashmir represents the sandstorm. The drill and body movements help portray fighting through the storm. Hope that clears up the confusion!

It does, thanks. It didn't translate clearly to the audience (well to me anyway) , but I'm sure I'll get it next time I see the show!

There were a bunch posted this morning, as of a little while ago there was no change from what was posted this morning. I thought I read somewhere on the DCI boards that there are copyright issues with Crossmen, Colts, Govies and MBI because none of them are posted. Don't know if that's definite or speculation. FWIW, there is a clip on FN of OC corps Legend that is incorrectly listed as Govenaires...has been on there for the better part of a week, at least.

odd...other Crossmen clips are up

The day started out great. The new stadium is PERFECT for drum corps - superb sound and thankfully NO track. Seats 50,000, with expansion planned to 80,000:

dcimn201000.jpg

Excellent crowd. (7,000+ pre-sales, maybe 9,000+ attendance?) Minnesota Brass is to be commended for putting together the volunteer staff to sponsor this huge show. The concourses are open to the field, allowing you to see and hear the corps from nearly anywhere:

dcimn201001.jpg

Govenaires, near the end of their show:

dcimn201004.jpg

Minnesota Brass, during an opening statement guard ripple:

dcimn201005.jpg

Unfortunately, storms started a-brewin':

dcimn201003.jpg

And the stadium was drenched...Several tornado touchdowns in the Twin Cities Metro...

dcimn201002.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Ron H

How much smaller is the hornline from last year?

Last year at finals we had 15, If I remember corectly... on Saturday I counted 10