Federal Judge says Cheerleading Not a Sport

Where's the source? What were the details of the case?

I can't believe that there's been 6 pages of "discussion" over this and no one has asked the OP for a source.

We do this thread 4 to 5 times a year.

your definition, my definition, bla bla bla

Thanks for stiring the pot of crap, Tom.

someone took one too many bitter pills this morning. I heard it on the highly speculative source called radio and the station was my local NPR station. But, hey, we can't trust them with the news now, can we? It involves Quinnipiac (sp?) University's decision to end women's volleyball and making their current cheering squad competitive. They believed this would satisfy Title IX.

Here...a link....

NPR Article...

No go back to from whenst you came. See I just made up a word right there...like Shakespeare...or Palin.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sayin, that's a load of crap, the federal judge has no place to determine that, but rather the college sports associations, anyways I have quite a few friends at my school who are competative cheer leaders (dated a few myself :laughing: ) and I have to quite disagree. However you can't say DCI isnt a sport in my view, it's a sin to do so

A federal judge most certainly has a role because...Title IX was federal discrimination policy. 1 Men's sport = 1 comparable women' sport in college. That's the simple definition of Title IX.

You know...watch Dennis Leary describe what has happened to coffee in today's world. It is on the Utube .

Dennis Leary drinks things put in his coffee that would have scared Dr. Timothy Leary away.

someone took one too many bitter pills this morning. I heard it on the highly speculative source called radio and the station was my local NPR station. But, hey, we can't trust them with the news now, can we? It involves Quinnipiac (sp?) University's decision to end women's volleyball and making their current cheering squad competitive. They believed this would satisfy Title IX.

Here...a link....

NPR Article...

No go back to from whenst you came. See I just made up a word right there...like Shakespeare...or Palin.

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaha!!!! :laughing:

A federal judge most certainly has a role because...Title IX was federal discrimination policy. 1 Men's sport = 1 comparable women' sport in college. That's the simple definition of Title IX.

Except... its not 1 sport to 1 sport, its 1 scholarship to 1 scholarship i believe... and because of football taking a crapload of scholarships compared to any other sport, the biggest effect of title IX has been that of killing off several mens programs at schools with smaller budgets.

Except... its not 1 sport to 1 sport, its 1 scholarship to 1 scholarship i believe... and because of football taking a crapload of scholarships compared to any other sport, the biggest effect of title IX has been that of killing off several mens programs at schools with smaller budgets.

true dat, didn't ISU swimming and baseball get cut because of this? i know UNI baseball did.

The presence of subjective judging determines whether or not something is a sport?

So when did calling balls and strikes in a baseball game become objective?

Now can we please get back to talking about these poor little cheerleaders?