Federal Judge says Cheerleading Not a Sport

true dat, didn't ISU swimming and baseball get cut because of this? i know UNI baseball did.

I think baseball was a budget thing at the time, and the fact that nobody really attended ISU baseball since the college season runs mostly during times where iowa is frozen over. Combine that with the fact that they couldnt cut a womens program to fill the budget hole, and baseball met the axe.

But title IX is a big reason why ISU has womens swimming & diving, soccer, softball, gymnastics, tennis, and volleyball but does not have the mens equivalents of any of those. Between football and wrestling, the scholarship numbers are pretty much eaten up. (they field 10 womens teams and 6 mens teams)

Edited by AlexL

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

having cheerleading declared a non-sport does make me chuckle. in high school the cheerleaders and poms got gym credit for their physical activity while we could never get the same for show choir :laughing:

I remember I talked about this way back. This is the last thing I want to hear about drum corps not being a sport/is a sport/whatever....ENOUGH!!! Don't want to hear it again...

Okay, I'm done. :laughing:

Edited by bccadet09