The Texas Shows are Confusing Me

Ok, I have been really confused with all of the Texas "goings on" for this week but I think I finally have it:

Thursday - July 22nd Shows in Dallas and Houston - Half of the corps performing at each

Friday- July 23rd Shows in Dallas and Houston - The corps flip flop

FanNetwork will be broadcasting both Houston shows.

Saturday, July 24th - Show in San Antonio - Half of the corps perform

Sunday, July 25th - Show in San Antonio - Other half performs

Now, from what I understand, San Antonio scores will determine Murfreesboro and performance order for Atlanta. I guess the reason I am confused is....Why would Fan Network broadcast Houston and not San Antonio if San Antonio is the deicider? Wouldn't San Antonio be the "bigger" show? Just wondering???

p.s. I do applaud the fact that the touring schedule has been modified so that the corps only have to travel the Texas loop once which saves the corps money. (At least that is how I am seeing it.)

Ok, I have been really confused with all of the Texas "goings on" for this week but I think I finally have it:

Thursday - July 22nd Shows in Dallas and Houston - Half of the corps performing at each

Friday- July 23rd Shows in Dallas and Houston - The corps flip flop

FanNetwork will be broadcasting both Houston shows.

Saturday, July 24th - Show in San Antonio - Half of the corps perform

Sunday, July 25th - Show in San Antonio - Other half performs

Now, from what I understand, San Antonio scores will determine Murfreesboro and performance order for Atlanta. I guess the reason I am confused is....Why would Fan Network broadcast Houston and not San Antonio if San Antonio is the deicider? Wouldn't San Antonio be the "bigger" show? Just wondering???

p.s. I do applaud the fact that the touring schedule has been modified so that the corps only have to travel the Texas loop once which saves the corps money. (At least that is how I am seeing it.)

Both Houston and San Antonio used to be broadcast, but the SA show isn't the usual 1-day at the Alamodome. Maybe Converse Judson isn't equipped for that kind of broadcast. I haven't seen the stadium yet.

Both Houston and San Antonio used to be broadcast, but the SA show isn't the usual 1-day at the Alamodome. Maybe Converse Judson isn't equipped for that kind of broadcast. I haven't seen the stadium yet.

Thats what I thought. But, San Antonio is considered the regional right?

I don't think it's considered a regional this year because of the format.

I don't think it's considered a regional this year because of the format.

Oh ok......... I was out of the DCI loop last year, so the changes are confusing me. Is SanAntonio the "decider" because Minneapolis was rained out? Was San Antonio a regional last year? Sorry for all of the questions, but I really appreciate the answers. Is there somewhere I can go on the internet that explains all this?

Thanks!

Oh ok......... I was out of the DCI loop last year, so the changes are confusing me. Is SanAntonio the "decider" because Minneapolis was rained out? Was San Antonio a regional last year? Sorry for all of the questions, but I really appreciate the answers. Is there somewhere I can go on the internet that explains all this?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure about SA not being a regional, but I could be wrong.

San Antonio was a regional last year. The format and stadium were changed this year because by the time DCI set their schedule, there was a conflict with The Dallas Cowboys spring training schedule (they use the Alamo Dome for spring training).

Edited by skajerk

I'm pretty sure about SA not being a regional, but I could be wrong.

San Antonio was a regional last year. The format and stadium were changed this year because by the time DCI set their schedule, there was a conflict with The Dallas Cowboys spring training schedule (they use the Alamo Dome for spring training).

Itd still be a regional though, the format is no different than another regional, Allentown.

Question,

Even though Minneapolis was rained out, how could it have been considered a regional when only 14 of 23 world class were there? (I might not be quite correct with that number, but not all 23 were scheduled anyways?)

Itd still be a regional though, the format is no different than another regional, Allentown.

You can say that if you'd like but since they aren't a split format, Minneapolis and Atlanta were/are the only "true" regionals on the schedule this year. Allentown and SA, like the Houston/Dallas shows, don't provide a true head to head competition.

You can say that if you'd like but since they aren't a split format, Minneapolis and Atlanta were/are the only "true" regionals on the schedule this year. Allentown and SA, like the Houston/Dallas shows, don't provide a true head to head competition.

I would agree with that. Honestly, i know how much some love allentown, but i wish that regional, being right before finals every year, was in a venue that could support a one day head to head show.