The Percussion Discussion

According to what? Rankings? Based on scores from shows 1000 miles apart on different days? MBI is good, but they have not even gone head to head against Reading yet. Nor will they before prelims. MBI does currently hold the highest score. Good for them, but that doesn't necessarily make them "first". IMO there is no "first" right now. We'll see how they stack up when Reading is setting the bar. I don't like it, but that's the way it is.

Look at the "rankings" and you'll see Empire in 4th place overall, but EVERY time they meet those top 6 corps they end up in 2nd, behind Reading. Reading is the only corps that has beaten them this season, but they areA "ranked" 4th. Not very reliable. MBI is gonna be really good (they are always one of my favorites) so it will be exciting to see how everything lines up at prelims!

well actually MBI beat Empire in jamestown.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well actually MBI beat Empire in jamestown.

???

Jamestown NY - 07/24/2010

1. Empire Statesmen 86.175

2. Minnesota Brass Inc. 85.825

3. Carolina Gold 74.463

4. Sun Devils 71.563

5. White Sabers 68.613

???

Jamestown NY - 07/24/2010

1. Empire Statesmen 86.175

2. Minnesota Brass Inc. 85.825

3. Carolina Gold 74.463

4. Sun Devils 71.563

5. White Sabers 68.613

A little confusion here. I was talking about percussion not overall score.

yup... you confused me...

yup... you confused me...

I confused myself too. Looking back at OldManDrumCorps' post I understand the first paragraph is about percussion but the second one is about overall corps?... I guess? If its about percussion then Empire is in 5th overall but if its about corps then he is correct about 4th. Anyway...

I'm just thinking back to the early 2000s of DCA and then relating it today. I don't think I ever once back then wanted to own a personal recording of any lines or shows back then, but today I find myself wishing I had taken my camera to a few of the shows I went to. There are parts of at least three corps shows (percussion specifically) this year that I wish I could have handy with me for when I'm just about to power down at work or hanging around with drum corps on my mind.

:tongue:

Seems to me everyone kinda shut up now that MBI is in first in all percussion categories and is so close to first overall... I think everyone is angry that their beloved corps may lose out this year...but then again thats just what I think.

[see signature for sarcasm pirate]

or i havent seen anyone yet

I'm just thinking back to the early 2000s of DCA and then relating it today. I don't think I ever once back then wanted to own a personal recording of any lines or shows back then, but today I find myself wishing I had taken my camera to a few of the shows I went to. There are parts of at least three corps shows (percussion specifically) this year that I wish I could have handy with me for when I'm just about to power down at work or hanging around with drum corps on my mind.

I sitll listen to my lot tapes of Bucs 2000. That bass line makes me giddy...and Charlie liked em too ("Bass drums good god! Those are some mammoth moments out there!")

Anyone else have an issue with the size of some of these corps battery sections?? For the last couple of years ive thought that Cabs have gone out with too many in the battery.. If you have 50 brass you dont need 9 or 10 snares.. This year I think they finally have the right size line for the size of thier hornline. Hurcs this year are another example of a battery section too large for the corps.. and I think you can see that reflected in the ensemble numbers.. they are right there on the field but as an ensemble they are just too over powering for the rest of the corps. When you can see Carolina Crown have 80 brass and have a battery for 4 tenors 7 snares 5 bass and not lose anything you know somethings out of place.

except Crown had more snares, but lost them due to injury.