Golden Eagles minicorps NOT Inactive

West Sayville Golden Eagles Minicorps Inactive!

At least that's what CorpsReps says on their site.

WRONG!!!

I caught the WSGE act at rehearsal last week and believe me, they are far from being inactive.

They have a new and improved perc section, some new (old) faces in the soprano line and it

appears as if they've reorganized the bari line. Whatever they've done they sound a hellofalot better

then they did at Bridgeport.

Their show consists of Echano, Night of the Capricorn Moon, and a medley of Come in From the Rain and Over the Rainbow.

Dynamite tunes and the boys and girls were deep in their rehearsal groove. Great attitudes. Their execution and dynamics still need work but Ponzo and Roberts still have 6 weeks to get it all ironed out.

I don't know if they can win the DCA mincorps title but they will, positively, entertain you.

Good Luck Golden Eagles.

Edited by bawker

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the????????????

Yeah, but corpsreps doesn't even list INT...and they are FAR from inactive!!!!! :tongue:

Sorry Mike, that wasn't my intention. My mistake was not including a "?" in the thread title.

I only posted here when I couldn't get through to anyone on the CorpsReps site.

PS

Thanks to whomever corrected my mistake.

Edited by Antique Brass

Sorry Mike, that wasn't my intention. My mistake was not including a "?" in the thread title.

I only posted here when I couldn't get through to anyone on the CorpsReps site.

I'm surprised ... I've alwayd found Chris Maher to be very responsive to my input ... but, I also taught him in Jr. corps so, that might influence him ... seriously, they do a stellar job at verifying the massive reams of input thrown at them and getting it up on the site ...

:-)

As the Brass Caption Head of the West Sayville Golden Eagles, Let me make this P E R F E C T L Y clear......

THE WEST SAYVILLE GOLDEN EAGLES ARE ALIVE AND EXTREMELY WELL!!!!!

Mr. Chris Maher.......PLEASE let me know where you are getting your information from!!!!! If you want to start rumors, ok...I get it.(stir the pot before DCA's)

But if you want to know FACT, then JUST ASK!!!!!

(Someone else brought this to my attention last night as well, and I was SHOCKED to find this information on corpsreps.....)

If anyone wants to find out for sure, our next rehearsal will be next Thursday (and every Thursday after that until DCA's) at the West Sayville Fire House at 80 Main Street, West Sayville. You can go to www.goldeneagles.org to get directions, or just use the address listed above to plug into your little GPS's.....

We will be fielding 18 brass, 2 percussion, and 1 drum major........(I'm STILL looking for a contra player, so if anyone is still on the fence about playing, you have about 6 weeks to learn some fun tunes, and hang out with a GREAT bunch of people......some of the most talented individuals I have EVER had the pleasure of playing with!!!).

C'mon....don't be shy.......come down to rehearsal and find out for yourselves!!!!

Edited by FPonzo

West Sayville Golden Eagles Minicorps Inactive!

At least that's what CorpsReps says on their site.

WRONG!!!

I caught the WSGE act at rehearsal last week and believe me, they are far from being inactive.

They have a new and improved perc section, some new (old) faces in the soprano line and it

appears as if they've reorganized the bari line. Whatever they've done they sound a hellofalot better

then they did at Bridgeport.

Their show consists of Echano, Night of the Capricorn Moon, and a medley of Come in From the Rain and Over the Rainbow.

Dynamite tunes and the boys and girls were deep in their rehearsal groove. Great attitudes. Their execution and dynamics still need work but Ponzo and Roberts still have 6 weeks to get it all ironed out.

I don't know if they can win the DCA mincorps title but they will, positively, entertain you.

Good Luck Golden Eagles.

Once again:

"It's All Ron's Faultâ„¢"

The "Active" checkbox wasn't checked (or somehow became unchecked) in the corpsreps database.

(The new overhaul of the website makes the status more prominent than before.)

I fixed it.

So move along... nothing to see here...

Heh...