Now that more people have seen them head to head

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who is solid for 13th and will challenge G-Men

• Troopers
    • Academy
    • Some other corps laying in the weeds.
    • G-Men are the 12th place corps this year.

Denver - Minneapolis: The opening.

Minneapolis - San Antonio: The ending.

San Antonio - Atlanta: The middle?

I love how people say that "item x needs to be fixed" without realizing that there's still time to fix it. There's days off next week and two days off right before Allentown. We'll see what happens.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 3 minute ballad is boring.

Also, it's not so much about buckling down it's about catching what you throw in the air.

The opener...great. The end of the show is getting there. That middle...is killing me. Boring me to death.

Mr. Tom Brace,

When is the last time you viewed this show? If you have not witnessed the program "Wanted" post San Antonio, I believe your opinion perhaps may be a bit distorted . Please revisit this program post "Texas Swing" and feel free to discuss your "boredom." Thank you for your thread and discussion.

Troopers.

Academy's guard is WAY too weak.

Interesting that a similar poll earlier this week really favored Troopers and other corps ahead of Academy.

The Arizona Red team is for real.

I agree with this. The Arizona Red team is the real deal. They are very, very good. But frankly, I don't see the Academy catching Madison. (The Glassmen, IMO, have a more sophisticated program than Madison, with more room for growth) I like Madison, but I don't quite get their program concept.

Ok, so I am a bit confused. Not directed at you at all, just using what you have posted to see if I can understand. You could insert any corps .

Anyyyyyyyways... On so many other threads, people opine that there are no more meoldies, the "chop and bop" rules and how nice it would be to hear complete melodic thought. In this instance, Troopers are not attempting this and instead playing Copeland for a period of time. Yet, at least in an opinion, it is tha bane of the show and boring.

So, my question is, which is it? Does the consumer desire (or are they conditioned) to hear the chop and bop, or is the consumer so conditioned that they cannot appreciate say Copeland for more than 2 minutes and be not bored?

I'll take this....it's about momentum for me. How does the show flow. And to me...move the ballad up 4 clicks and cut maybe 24 to 32 bars and guess what? The Troopers still get to show off their musicianship..look at Bluu's ballad for an example.

Also, look at Regiment's reversal thing...they open and finish with a ballad with the more aggressive portions of their show moving from one to the other.

Mr. Tom Brace,

When is the last time you viewed this show? If you have not witnessed the program "Wanted" post San Antonio, I believe your opinion perhaps may be a bit distorted . Please revisit this program post "Texas Swing" and feel free to discuss your "boredom." Thank you for your thread and discussion.

Mr. Jaboo.

I could not see the show post San Antonio as it is tonight and tomorrow. I cannot yet view the show because my time machine is in need of a flux capacitor and a Delorean which can reach...was it 78 miles per hour? I forget.