World Class Fans Going to Indy!

Hey World Class fans....let's try something different this year.

Let's drink 3-4 fewer beers on Friday night and get out of our hotels by...oh, 11:30 a.m. and drag ourselves over the the stadium for Open Class finals.

I'd even host a Drum Corps Fans' Dream Part Tres Breakfast at 9:00 a.m. somewhere and then we could all go over to the stadium and appreciate some talented corps.

We need to put more than 2500 fans in the seats for these quality programs...some...better performed than a few World Class shows I've seen.

Up for it? Words are cheap. Message me and I'll get your reservation for breakfast.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be attending OC semis and finals.

Wow. It's amazing to me that few, if any, WC fans would ever consider going to the OC finals. Even when they are right there in the same facility.

I've been a fan of the OC (Div. 2-3) since my daughter marched 04-06. She's moved up to WC (and has a ring for it :tongue: ) but we still support the OC corps and attend OC competitions.

Come on people, how much of a drum corps fan are you if you're only interested in the G7?

Without support, these great OC corps are going to disappear and all that will be left is the G7.

Tom, I'll be there!

Hey World Class fans....let's try something different this year.

Let's drink 3-4 fewer beers on Friday night and get out of our hotels by...oh, 11:30 a.m. and drag ourselves over the the stadium for Open Class finals.

I'd even host a Drum Corps Fans' Dream Part Tres Breakfast at 9:00 a.m. somewhere and then we could all go over to the stadium and appreciate some talented corps.

We need to put more than 2500 fans in the seats for these quality programs...some...better performed than a few World Class shows I've seen.

Up for it? Words are cheap. Message me and I'll get your reservation for breakfast.

There's your problem :tongue:

If we were coming to Indy thisis something we would have loved to have done. I do encourage any WC fans who have never been to the OC (or previously, D2/D3 or Class A/A60) finals to go and have a great afternoon of drum corps. These are the kids you'll be seeing in the future. Why not catch them now so you can appreciate their hard work in a couple of years? Because I can guarantee you that they are working just as hard now.

I hope you have a great turnout, Tom. I'm just sorry we can't join you!

Garry in Vegas

PS BTW, this might be your best post ever! :tongue:

As a person who started his drum corps career in a 13 (yes, that's right 13) member hornline and eventually ended up in 2 Jim Ott winning hornlines, I definitely endorse and recommend checking out Open Class :tongue:

I don't think people realize how many people in World Class come from here and how many people choose to STAY and ageout in Open Class. There's equally as much hard work put in by the kids and love getting to perform in front of a crowd. It's not fun when there are literally more judges in the stands than fans (it happened to me).

And plus I think tickets are only $25 or so

I always go to OC prelims and finals and will be there this year too.