Open Class

1 Velvet Knights 70.750

All age corps

1 Cincinnati Tradition 62.550

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pioneer score increases, all others go down (since Atlanta).

I noticed that too. In fact as far as I can remember the Atlanta regional is the first time I've not seen Pio's score drop at a regional. I really hope this is a good sign!

*correction* Mandarins score also increased

Edited by SDBassCreature

Another outstanding drum corps event in Centerville. A very large crowd on hand and the weather was great, although a little hot for the first couple of corps.

The corps gave some excellent performances, but the crowd really got into the Scouts and Bluecoats.

I think the Centerville crowd, who have been coming to this show for 31 years, have always been very enthusiastic for the Scouts and they really responded to the 2010 production. The corps had the entire stadium on their feet before the final chord and they received a thunderous, prolonged ovation as they trooped the stands.

I don't like saying "The Scouts are back", because they never went away...they were unfortunately given some less than stellar shows to perform the last couple

of years, but they were still the Madison Scouts. In 2010 they've been given a production that meets the standards of the great shows that helped make them a DCI icon.

The Ohio fans also gave great support to their Bluecoats. The 'Coats performance level was incredible! Just as Madison has been given a show worthy of their history, I think the Bluecoats have been given their greatest show ever. Each of the 4 selections showcase a corps that is strong in ALL sections and deservedly swept 1st place scores in every caption. How their score was lower than what they had over the weekend in Atlanta is hard to understand?

SCV performed the encore and it is always special to hear "Send In the Clowns".

Thanks to ALL of the corps that performed tonight and to the CHS band boosters for another job well done.

Now on to Massillon for what could be a very special night for the Bluecoats :thumbup:

For the first time in 4 years of running the housing I was final able to see al the shows.

I have to agree with oldbandguy. The Scouts put on a hell of a show. A real crowd pleaser. My parents, who are not band people, thought it was the best of the night. As they said "It was music we knew" and it was major sections of the pieces, not just snippets. The Scouts had many face the audience and blast their faces off moments, and the crowd ate it up. As a side note, I think that drum corps would be able to draw more people like my parents if more corps did shows like the scouts. There seems to be a line between enjoyable and good, to the general public. I am not saying this is right/wrong, just what I observed from the crowd. Other than Centerville being a bit of a homer location for the Coats, the Scouts were the crowd favorite.

I heard Blooo talking after the show and they thought that their scores had been surpressed some due to the Vanguard being the only other top corps there and the Vanguard having been 6th in Atlanta.

msquared