Help with 1997 and 1998 cds

Here is and always been my beef with these two cds, their front covers are both for better intent of word usage, messed up. If you have never noticed, the 1998 cover has the Cadets member pix inverted. The 1997 cd cover has the Purple Devils. Has anybody by chance ever fixed either one of those? Planning road trip to Indy and was looking to upload them, but ouch those covers are awful. Oh how I miss those IBM years...... :satisfied:

Edited by ohbaby

1997 was a GREAT year, IMO. Blue Devils had a killer drumline. Cadets were awesome. SCV was extremely strong, one of my favorite shows ever. Crossmen knocked Cavies out of top 6. Glassmen started their late 90's climb that year. Blue Knights were very entertaining with a Ben Hur show that spawned a ton of High School rip offs. All rookie snare line. One of Magic's last finals appearances, Matt Savage's Bluecoats drumline..... Good year!

Here is and always been my beef with these two cds, their front covers are both for better intent of word usage, messed up. If you have never noticed, the 1998 cover has the Cadets member pix inverted. The 1997 cd cover has the Purple Devils. Has anybody by chance ever fixed either one of those? Planning road trip to Indy and was looking to upload them, but ouch those covers are awful. Oh how I miss those IBM years...... :satisfied:

I don't remember what year, but I remember DCI sending me an alternate cover for a top12 DVD mistake. I thought to myself at the time that that was a waste of money, but I guess it was REAL important to some for whatever reason.

1997 was a GREAT year, IMO. Blue Devils had a killer drumline. Cadets were awesome. SCV was extremely strong, one of my favorite shows ever. Crossmen knocked Cavies out of top 6. Glassmen started their late 90's climb that year. Blue Knights were very entertaining with a Ben Hur show that spawned a ton of High School rip offs. All rookie snare line. One of Magic's last finals appearances, Matt Savage's Bluecoats drumline..... Good year!

It was Magics last year in finals during the Craig regime....they were 13th in 1998 (with a top 5 hornline) and 14th in 1999 before going inactive for 2 seasons. If I am not mistaken, they got a whole new set of Contras that year.

It was Magics last year in finals during the Craig regime....they were 13th in 1998 (with a top 5 hornline) and 14th in 1999 before going inactive for 2 seasons. If I am not mistaken, they got a whole new set of Contras that year.

Magic 98's God Bless the Child opener is still one of my favorite DCI moments ever. SO LOUD.

Also, on the CD the Patriots and Tarheel Sun's tracks are switched around.

Edited by gimpy

The CDs for 1998 were replaced by DCI - not because of the cover art - but because the discs themselves were goofed up. All of the '98 performances were either recorded, or mastered on the disc, too fast. I marched Cavies in 1998, and when I got my discs and listened to them, all of our tempos were maybe 10-20% faster! Crazy. DCI was nice enough to ship out fixed discs to everyone.

I never received corrected cover art for either year. The horizontally flipped cover art for 1997 may not have been a mistake, but an intentional design choice.

Yes, DCI sent out replacement cd's for those 1998s, not long after the originals were released.

The CDs for 1998 were replaced by DCI - not because of the cover art - but because the discs themselves were goofed up. All of the '98 performances were either recorded, or mastered on the disc, too fast. I marched Cavies in 1998, and when I got my discs and listened to them, all of our tempos were maybe 10-20% faster! Crazy. DCI was nice enough to ship out fixed discs to everyone.

I never received corrected cover art for either year. The horizontally flipped cover art for 1997 may not have been a mistake, but an intentional design choice.

Cavies 98, maybe most underrated Cavies show. Love the closer, BTW the closer was called "Machine", right? Any correlation to the 06 show?

Magic 98's God Bless the Child opener is still one of my favorite DCI moments ever. SO LOUD.

Yeah, I remember watching them in semis, just relishing the sound...good times.

I remember Cavies playing "machine" in 98 also. No correlation between that and 2006. It was just awesome though.