Bennies Boom Boom Room!

Not in the same ballpark. Sorry. You're not responding or disagreeing -- you're just name calling and (if you stop and think about it) you're making a pretty nasty accusation.

I understand *why* you're reacting the way you are. You're upset when people make sweeping generalization they can't support. That's fine. But the response is entirely out of proportion to the offense.

In your opinion. Im glad you have one and I respect your right to have it, I have one that is just as credible and different from yours.

Thanks.

G

Brasso is quite entitled to have an opinion about how he thinks a show is received by the crowd. You may disagree. That's about as far as it should go. It doesn't mean he hates BD. And I think it's inappropriate to label someone a hater just because you disagree with them.

"Haters" is a term I/we all learned on DCP as someone who blindly dislikes a corps (sort of like the guy that booed last as they were being introduced). You could be Mary Poppins in a (fill in the blank) corps uniform...and they'd hate her.

Having said that, there are haters on DCP, and Brasso is certain NOT one. I won't speak for G (he'd nuc me if I did) but I don't think either of these two well informed DCP veterans require our fixin'. On the other hand, too many people in these discussions claim to speak for everyone else as a means of supporting their argument.

And to my friend 2000C, if anyone should be chillin' it's someone the desert! :smile: ......Thanks for being there buddy (I had my time in the barrel).

I agree with both arguments! Let's not smack the "hater" label on anybody, that's not very mature.

And let's not pretend to have some sort of empirical data about the drum corps community. It doesn't matter if 500 people write negative reviews on DCP about a certain corps, or if said corps didn't get monstrous crowd reactions.

Please don't speak as if you know the true proportion of fans who have a specific opinion about a show or corps.