Murfreesboro Mad Haus!

After that terrible opener I missed the guard entirely until the full-field 'X'.

They were most invisible.

I think it has a lot to do with the color choices. Same could be said of the Cadets guard.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed on Crowns ballad. I want more!!! And the end is a bit meh for me too....needs a real punch..not sure what it would be though..

That Crown hornline is just so delish. I could listen to that all day.

I keep waiting for Crown to blow me away, and they haven't done it yet. As good as the 1st half of the show is - and musically, at least, it's pretty fantastic - the ballad and the ending are still a pretty big "meh". I really wish they'd find a way to make the Mahler reprise the climax of the show - I find it much more exciting than the material that follows.

It is the climax of the show.... not every show climaxes at the very end. And after the Mahler there is simply an ending, not really any new material... there's only like 25 more seconds.

just watched crown.... I dont know, maybe it's because I marched in the 90s and watched the same top 6 all these years, but I cant connect with Crown. I felt connection with Phantom, SCV, even Cadets which is rare, but Crown I actually left to go throw a pizza in the oven! It was a good show from the parts I saw but I couldnt get into it! Anybody else with this issue with any other corps?

It is the climax of the show.... not every show climaxes at the very end. And after the Mahler there is simply an ending, not really any new material... there's only like 25 more seconds.

That concept doesn't win Championships, unless your from Concord.

Agreed on Crowns ballad. I want more!!! And the end is a bit meh for me too....needs a real punch..not sure what it would be though..

Although it would not be "true", holding that last chord sustained for the last 64 counts would make a huge difference, IMO.

Allowing air breaks exposes the attack and breaks the drive. Breath through it and blow.

Edited by garfield