More Complex Drum Corps, yet...

As their hearing diminishes, many will come to appreciate the mic'ed soloists, imo.

Kudos to the Bluecoats for an effective use of the microphone for the audio transmission of the solo to this poster.

I don't speak for others here. But this unobtrusive use of the microphone for the audio transmission increased volume of solos is an ok change in my book.

...agree...bad hearing or not!

cg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After attending the DCI Atlanta show, I find it truly ironic that with all the complexity of drum corps, the intricate drills, music, and colorguard, two of the loudest cheers during any corp's show were for Madison's "Fleur de Lis", and Carolina's "Crown" There must be a message there somehow....

Perhaps, "Less is More" ????

maybe the message is "don't make your corps symbol a chevron because it is inferior to crowns and fluer de lis[es]"

Edited by soccerguy315

I think what people really like is variety. If Carolina Crown marched really easy drill the whole show and several sets were of "crown" formations, then would they get as big of a reaction for them? Furthermore, don't you think all the crazy drill Madison does leading up to the fleur de lis is what actually makes that moment great (visually speaking)? It is the contrasts, the tension and release, the "payoff" that really gets people to cheer.

Cavies got the largest sustained applause for the evening.

An agenda is emerging today. Hey, olde timers...even DCA corps use amps now.

I can't wait until one of them says, "You kids get off my lawn."

uh...no DCA corps do not use amps in DCA competition. good try tho

uh...no DCA corps do not use amps in DCA competition. good try tho

Do DCA rules even allow this?

I didn't even need to turn around from my 3rd row seat to know that the Dome was on its feet after the Scouts' opening statement. Pure drum corps AWESOME. From where I was sitting, the Scouts where the most enthusiastically applauded corps of the night, even topping closer-to-home Crown (and I was surrounded by die-hard Crown fans).

After attending the DCI Atlanta show, I find it truly ironic that with all the complexity of drum corps, the intricate drills, music, and colorguard, two of the loudest cheers during any corp's show were for Madison's "Fleur de Lis", and Carolina's "Crown" There must be a message there somehow....

Perhaps, "Less is More" ????

Nope - simply that drum corps is, and always has been, "the art of the obvious" a term I learned from my mentor Dennis Delucia 35 years ago.

Hey, olde timers...even DCA corps use amps now.

DCA doesn't " use amps ".

But you know what ? We should never let the facts get in the way of good rant on DCP, and as far as rants go, yours was as good as they get.

Edited by BRASSO

All of these people with different perceptions of what "the audience" loved the most.....which of you really speaks for "the audience"?

Do you ever get tired of coming on here and telling people how wrong they are? Seriously, it seems as though whenever a person reports their observation you blast them for daring to speak for the audience. No wonder why some people are reluctant to post a review. They don't want self-appointed guardians of thought criticizing their opinions.