Allentown

Not that my opinion counts for anything, but, I have been going to about 10 drum corps shows per year for the last 9 years. Only once have I ever heard people audibly boo and that was in Centerville, OH back in 2001 when Madison's score was announced. I know some people in the crowd grumble and seem dissatisfied with their personal favorites' score, but really everyone, do we need to continuously bring up this rare occurrence as if it's causing the entire fabric of this organization to tear at the seems? People enjoy things for different reasons. I personally have my favorites, but I go to shows because it's fun and it's an escape from my usual day. Others go because they take the competition portion of it for more serious than I.

The important thing is that you actually show up. Go to your local shows, go to finals, go where ever. Just get out there and actually tell the kids how awesome they are doing.

Always clap at the end; show your appreciation for how hard they work.

If you are one of those people who boo at corps in person please shut up or stay at home. Your classlessness is not welcome.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that my opinion counts for anything, but, I have been going to about 10 drum corps shows per year for the last 9 years. Only once have I ever heard people audibly boo and that was in Centerville, OH back in 2001 when Madison's score was announced. I know some people in the crowd grumble and seem dissatisfied with their personal favorites' score, but really everyone, do we need to continuously bring up this rare occurrence as if it's causing the entire fabric of this organization to tear at the seems? People enjoy things for different reasons. I personally have my favorites, but I go to shows because it's fun and it's an escape from my usual day. Others go because they take the competition portion of it for more serious than I.

The important thing is that you actually show up. Go to your local shows, go to finals, go where ever. Just get out there and actually tell the kids how awesome they are doing.

Always clap at the end; show your appreciation for how hard they work.

If you are one of those people who boo at corps in person please shut up or stay at home. Your classlessness is not welcome.

Thank you on behalf of every fan that loves this activity and the hard working kids on the field no matter what the color of their uniform happens to be. :thumbdown:

Thank you on behalf of every fan that loves this activity and the hard working kids on the field no matter what the color of their uniform happens to be. :thumbdown:

Agreed. Every kid out there this summer works their butt off for the chance to play in front of thousands upon thousands of people. Show respect for their hard effort, from Blue Devils, all the way down to Blue Saints.

Different corps get standing O's for different reasons in different venues all over the country. Your overt snuggling up to booing becomes you! Looking to be liked on DCP?....right! :music:

Utterly classless! :thumbdown:

You are right... The crowd obviously wasn't cheering Crown the most during scores because they liked them the most. Everyone liked BD the most which is why they got booed.

Also, I am not condoning booing and I have never booed a corps during or after a performance or during scores. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen and the fact that it happens doesn't mean I approve of it. Acknowledging that something happened is not the same as an endorsement of it happening no matter how much you want to paint me as a dick

Trying to take away from BD's accomplishments is getting kind of old.

Nobody can take anything away from BDs accomplishments, but being a crowd favorite isn't one of their accomplishments.

You are right... The crowd obviously wasn't cheering Crown the most during scores because they liked them the most. Everyone liked BD the most which is why they got booed.

Also, I am not condoning booing and I have never booed a corps during or after a performance or during scores. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen and the fact that it happens doesn't mean I approve of it. Acknowledging that something happened is not the same as an endorsement of it happening no matter how much you want to paint me as a dick

Nobody can take anything away from BDs accomplishments, but being a crowd favorite isn't one of their accomplishments.

Farting happens pretty regularly also, but we try not to bring it up in civil discussion.

Your first sentence says it all....as I said I don't care whether you booed or not, you brought it up to bolster your point and by doing it you join the sentiment.

Final note: Let's imagine your daughter is at a piano recital that's judged. She won last year and was looking pretty good for this year. The other competitors play to welcoming applause for all. Your daughter plays last and at the end when she is selected the winner a bunch of goons & family member from a competitor in the audience errupt in booing. Is this something you would use to make a point? Please reply!

Farting happens pretty regularly also, but we try not to bring it up in civil discussion.

Your first sentence says it all....as I said I don't care whether you booed or not, you brought it up to bolster your point and by doing it you join the sentiment.

Final note: Let's imagine your daughter is at a piano recital that's judged. She won last year and was looking pretty good for this year. The other competitors play to welcoming applause for all. Your daughter plays last and at the end when she is selected the winner a bunch of goons & family member from a competitor in the audience errupt in booing. Is this something you would use to make a point? Please reply!

Depends on the point I was trying to make. I wouldn't sit there and lie to her and say that she was a crowd favorite when she very clearly was not.

Probably have this earlier in the thread, but here's performance order for tonight:

Saturday, August 7

6:30 PM - Mandarins - Sacramento, CA

6:47 PM - Teal Sound - Jacksonville, FL

7:04 PM - Jersey Surf - Mount Holly, NJ

7:21 PM - Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA

7:38 PM - Crossmen - San Antonio, TX

7:55 PM - Blue Knights - Denver, CO

8:12 PM - Intermission - 17 min.

8:29 PM - Madison Scouts - Madison, WI

8:46 PM - Boston Crusaders - Boston, MA

9:03 PM - Santa Clara Vanguard - Santa Clara, CA

9:20 PM - Phantom Regiment - Rockford, IL

9:37 PM - The Cadets - Allentown, PA

9:54 PM - Bluecoats - Canton, OH

10:11 PM - Bridgemen Alumni - Bayonne, NJ (exhibition)

Allentown is in the Eastern Time Zone.

Oh...GO BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Depends on the point I was trying to make. I wouldn't sit there and lie to her and say that she was a crowd favorite when she very clearly was not.

No.. you'd be too busy calling your friends and telling them she didn't deserve her achievement because a few jack ##### booed. Gonna be a lonely father's day Pal!!

No.. you'd be too busy calling your friends and telling them she didn't deserve her achievement because a few jack ##### booed. Gonna be a lonely father's day Pal!!

Please point me to any single post I've made that says BD doesn't deserve to be winning right now