2010 DCI World Class ED of the Year

2010 DCI World Class ED of the Year  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Executive Director of the Year?

• Blue Devils - Dave Gibbs
    • Bluecoats - David Glasgow
    • Cavaliers - Adolph DeGrauwe
    • Carolina Crown - Kevin Smith
    • Cadets - George Hopkins
    • Phantom Regiment - Rick Valenzuela
    • SCV - Jeff Fiedler
    • Blue Stars - Howard Weinstein
    • Madison Scouts - Chris Komnick
    • Boston - Tom Spataro
    • Blue Knights - Mark Arnold
    • Glassmen - Brian Hickman
    • Colts - Greg Orwoll
    • The Academy - Mark Richardson
    • Troopers - Fred Morris
    • Crossmen - Mark Chambers
    • Spirit - Joel Vincent
    • Pacific Crest - Stuart Pompel
    • Teal Sound - Randy Blackburn
    • Mandarins - Ray Mar
    • Jersey Surf - Bob Jacobs
    • Pioneer - Roman Blenski
    • Cascades - Sal Leone

As we approach Finals week, who would you pick for 2010 World Class Executive Director of the year? I'm biased, but I'd pick Chris Komnick of the Madison Scouts. Remarkable results on and off the field.

Glasgow got my vote, but I could also give it to Weinstein.

Both guys have done a great job with their corps this year and raised the bar for their shows next year.

Weinstein hands down. Big big jump from Blue Stars this year regardless of placement.

Adolph..... He kept the Cavies afloat after losing many longtime staff members and when things were looking bleak at the beginning of the season...low and behold....who is right there knocking on the door at the end? Cavies

Scouts director gets a huge nod for putting together an amazing staff this year and bringing the Scouts back to "relevance".

Crown....well Kevin and Jim Coates switched jobs this year, so Coates is technically the Exec. Director.

I actually wish there was another way to measure this other than winning. There is so much some of the other directors do that is lost in all the scores. I do think Weinstein has done wonderful things with Blue Stars. And obviously, Dave Gibbs has put together two amazing corps that are Juggernauts in both classes. That is something we haven't seen ever!! I guess it's the same old thing, you can win, but not too much or DCP will let you know!

Crown....well Kevin and Jim Coates switched jobs this year, so Coates is technically the Exec. Director.

Sorry about that. I had heard that was the case, but I wasn't sure so I deferred to Crown's website.

Brad Furlano is Executive Director of the Blue Stars. Howard Weinstein is the Director of the Blue Stars. Both have work very closely together to produce an outstanding Drum Corps that is on the rise, regardless of their final placement.

Brad Furlano is Executive Director of the Blue Stars. Howard Weinstein is the Director of the Blue Stars. Both have work very closely together to produce an outstanding Drum Corps that is on the rise, regardless of their final placement.

Sorry, Tom. I bet I made that mistake with other corps as well (Crown among them, apparently).

I agree with your assessment. I continue to be impressed with Blue Stars.

My vote is to Brad Furlano/Howard Weinstein with the Blue Stars. Amazing things have happened this year with this corps.