• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't review the show since I work with one of the groups and didn't see everyone. But I DID see 20th Century and was REALLY impressed. I'd never seen you guys before. You have a SERIOUS drumline! I really enjoyed it and was pleasantly surprised.

I couldn't review the show since I work with one of the groups and didn't see everyone. But I DID see 20th Century and was REALLY impressed. I'd never seen you guys before. You have a SERIOUS drumline! I really enjoyed it and was pleasantly surprised.

Hey Joe your team had a fine performance in Kingston also.. All the corps I had a chance to see really are coming on.. right time of the year ... August push here we go...

Reviews ? Anyone?

Thanks Mike. I was really proud of Fusion Core Saturday night. They really stepped up. Its very exciting that both the crowd AND the judging community are starting to react very positively.

Best of luck to you and your crew as we push into Ra-cha-cha

HEY THANKS A LOT FOR THAT COMMENT ABOUT TCL. I AM IN THE BASS LINE AND IT IS GOOD TO READ COMMENTS LIKE THAT FROM FROM OTHER DRUM CORPS PEOPLE.WE ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO PERFORMING IN KINGSTON. ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU SO MUCH

My first show of the year. To Twenthieth century and Muchachoes a very good job. Both horn lines played controled with music that was fun and they could handle. Both were supportd by some good percussionespecially Twentieth Century. Guard need some work in numbers and rep but overall nice Corps. Many wondered why Muchacho aren't in competition. A little more drill and they would do fine.

Excelsior: Very young and immature Corps. They have a better visual program this year, but music book is way over their head. This Corps is better but have a few years to learn about DC yet. Not having a complete show is out of the question this time of year.

Fusion. I did not follow their show theme , it was difficult for me. But after saying that let me say WOW> Horns, Drums and Guard put on that I believe to be the best Class A show I've have ever seen with the acception of maybe Alliance two years ago. The horns can produce with the big boys.

Hurcs: Hurcs came out with conviction but it seems to come and go. I do like their Heaven sent idea but again had trouble tieing thier ideas. The guard is as adveretized. Easily a step above tonight. Horns have their moments but seem to have trouble plaing on the mover. Strong percussion but didn't think they had a strong night.

Bush: Bush is a great Corps for being original. Their Voodoo idea is well acted by their guard. Horns, I think I counted 28 played well. Percussion sometimes rushed the vechical. Their numbers work against them but Bush stays true to their ideas every year and makes them work. This year will be no different. Love the stick preshow.

Cabs: What a fun show. Horns and drums complement each other very well. Both seemed to be enjoying their performances. The Guard works hard but is often out of focus or does contribute. I thought they were 2nd but with 10 pts in guard I see where Hurcs came from. Love their little play or mocking of "the call to the bulls", fun fun.

Statesmen are well rounded in all areas. No standing "O"s tonight in their performance but overall the winner. Love the hornline. They have attitude and precision. Percussion a little muddy tonight but exciting. Guard adds alot, if Technique improves they can take a big jump. Props have caused alot of talk this year. They are fun but Corps product can stand without them.

Sorry I missed White Sabers: taking care of a friend with some problems.

Well thats what this amatueur saw. DCA put on a great show in Kingston, Mr Gilly be proud of your organization.

Edited by Peggly43

Thanks for your review. :thumbup:

My first show of the year. To Twenthieth century and Muchachoes a very good job. Both horn lines played controled with music that was fun and they could handle. Both were supportd by some good percussionespecially Twentieth Century. Guard need some work in numbers and rep but overall nice Corps. Many wondered why Muchacho aren't in competition. A little more drill and they would do fine.

Excelsior: Very young and immature Corps. They have a better visual program this year, but music book is way over their head. This Corps is better but have a few years to learn about DC yet. Not having a complete show is out of the question this time of year.

Fusion. I did not follow their show theme , it was difficult for me. But after saying that let me say WOW> Horns, Drums and Guard put on that I believe to be the best Class A show I've have ever seen with the acception of maybe Alliance two years ago. The horns can produce with the big boys.

Hurcs: Hurcs came out with conviction but it seems to come and go. I do like their Heaven sent idea but again had trouble tieing thier ideas. The guard is as adveretized. Easily a step above tonight. Horns have their moments but seem to have trouble plaing on the mover. Strong percussion but didn't think they had a strong night.

Bush: Bush is a great Corps for being original. Their Voodoo idea is well acted by their guard. Horns, I think I counted 28 played well. Percussion sometimes rushed the vechical. Their numbers work against them but Bush stays true to their ideas every year and makes them work. This year will be no different. Love the stick preshow.

Cabs: What a fun show. Horns and drums complement each other very well. Both seemed to be enjoying their performances. The Guard works hard but is often out of focus or does contribute. I thought they were 2nd but with 10 pts in guard I see where Hurcs came from. Love their little play or mocking of "the call to the bulls", fun fun.

Statesmen are well rounded in all areas. No standing "O"s tonight in their performance but overall the winner. Love the hornline. They have attitude and precision. Percussion a little muddy tonight but exciting. Guard adds alot, if Technique improves they can take a big jump. Props have caused alot of talk this year. They are fun but Corps product can stand without them.

Well thats what this amatueur saw. DCA put on a great show in Kingston, Mr Gilly be proud of your organization.

What about White Sabers??

Nice review, Peggly43! Thanks for your thoughts :tongue:

Edited by grenadasmoothie