How long can staff with political pull run DCI?

It is shocking after viewing the shows at Allentown, that certain corps are being placed over others. I’d like to believe that it isn’t true, but it seems clear that the right corps aren’t being fully rewarded. I don’t know much about the music aspect, but if you look what is being asked from a visual standpoint including colorguard placements, the right corps are not being rewarded. It seems that we are heading for another year of a group being lifted up to their respective placement because of who they are and who instructs them. There are many colorguards that do more in the first few minutes than others winning the caption do the entire show. The DVD won’t lie.

Please do what is right and start rewarding the appropriate scores to the performers. Do what is right for the kids. I can’t believe that certain staffs have so much political power that the judging community is afraid that if they give the real scores they will be black listed for future DCI and or WGI judging opportunities.

Please note that there are several colorguards doing more than the top rated….you name it…several guards should be higher than they are. Do what is right for the performers before we are embarrassed one more year after we watch the DVDs. You aren’t growing the activity when you don’t acknowledge the shows or performers appropriately.

Shocking ?? I would think the famine in Africa is shocking. This is just you whining over the Blue Devils colorguard and their consistent degree of excelence, top notch performance and difficulty in both design and degree of execution. Come out and say it.

You know, its funny, hated so much that now even their colorguard is not exempt froom the ridicule.......I love it !

G

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is shocking after viewing the shows at Allentown, that certain corps are being placed over others. I’d like to believe that it isn’t true, but it seems clear that the right corps aren’t being fully rewarded. I don’t know much about the music aspect, but if you look what is being asked from a visual standpoint including colorguard placements, the right corps are not being rewarded. It seems that we are heading for another year of a group being lifted up to their respective placement because of who they are and who instructs them. There are many colorguards that do more in the first few minutes than others winning the caption do the entire show. The DVD won’t lie.

Please do what is right and start rewarding the appropriate scores to the performers. Do what is right for the kids. I can’t believe that certain staffs have so much political power that the judging community is afraid that if they give the real scores they will be black listed for future DCI and or WGI judging opportunities.

Please note that there are several colorguards doing more than the top rated….you name it…several guards should be higher than they are. Do what is right for the performers before we are embarrassed one more year after we watch the DVDs. You aren’t growing the activity when you don’t acknowledge the shows or performers appropriately.

:lookaround:

This is funny, for all the hate Blue Devils have gotten over the past few years, no one has been complaining that their Colorguard is not good. That seems to be the one area that everyone agrees Blue Devils dominate in. I wonder if the OP realizes that literally no one agrees with him/her. I guess the conspiracy is that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

I honestly thought it had gotten as filthy as it could. It just gets worse.

Really?? Finals night will be like a nuclear explosion around here (no matter who wins).

Be afraid...be very afraid...

Edited by tja273

Just watch what your team does with the guard this year......the written book is weak......and not even that clean considering the scores they are getting.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

LOLOL

"The written book is weak" and I thought Judy Tenuta was funny.

G

I would just like to mention that some guy looked at me Saturday after scores were announced in bewilderment and said to me " You know it's political"....I'm going to reserve my own opinion for now...

and I thought Judy Tenuta was funny.

G

Really?