A Boston Question

Why was it necessary to inject that shot of venom into an otherwise pleasant description of the way things are going with Boston

Ghost you need to do just that...DISAPPEAR!...lol

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad you and Craiga went to Allentown instead of attending the Crusaders contest in Lawrence. Big Bird was anxious to greet both of you.

I can't speak for them...but from what I've read on here....I'm sure the sentiments were NOT likewise....LOL

LOL. I remember police officer at a parade in 2000 explaining to a kid why he shouldn't break our rank and that he'd only have himself to blame for the consequences. Or a little balloon cart which one of our sops knocked over when it started to encroach.... or in 2001 when another sop knocked over a baby stroller for attempting to break (no, the baby wasn't inside!)...

The 2010 BAC are doing a bang-up job, and they'll only get better these next few days (and if history holds true, expect a few last minute tweaks). And while I remain a firm believer in WEDONTGAVA...

Let's break 93.0, BAC!! :thumbup:

EAT EM UP BOSTON!!!!

Definitely really cool stories to read...thanks for sharing those...I remember in 90 we were attempting to get rid of any BAD rep from previous years...BUT I can say I'm glad to see they still HOLD parade breaking ranks a tradition!

93 is in their grasp! :thumbup:

Definitely really cool stories to read...thanks for sharing those...I remember in 90 we were attempting to get rid of any BAD rep from previous years...BUT I can say I'm glad to see they still HOLD parade breaking ranks a tradition!

93 is in their grasp! :tongue:

Yeah, rank-breaking at any time by anyone was pretty much verboten. Though we did have a little slip sometime in 2000 where the old "parking lot" mentality tried to make a comeback - that was QUICKLY corrected by one ######-off tour manager, who reamed us back into shape permanently after the Indy regional. My backside still hurts from the chewing out we received...

I wholeheartedly agree that Tom has done a phemomenal job as corps director. While Mr. Weinstein did a great job at the helm (and continues with the Blue Stars' resounding success), it's nice to see a BAC alum as director again, like under Jim Cronin (who, as many BAC alumni tend to, sacrificed a LOT to ensure the corps' survival and recent renaissance).

Yeah, rank-breaking at any time by anyone was pretty much verboten. Though we did have a little slip sometime in 2000 where the old "parking lot" mentality tried to make a comeback - that was QUICKLY corrected by one ######-off tour manager, who reamed us back into shape permanently after the Indy regional. My backside still hurts from the chewing out we received...

I wholeheartedly agree that Tom has done a phemomenal job as corps director. While Mr. Weinstein did a great job at the helm (and continues with the Blue Stars' resounding success), it's nice to see a BAC alum as director again, like under Jim Cronin (who, as many BAC alumni tend to, sacrificed a LOT to ensure the corps' survival and recent renaissance).

What Ghost obviously does not understand that a successful organization top to bottom is directly reflective of the quality of its leader. Its leader IS the most important component. There is no way any organization can be successful with poor leadership. An organization will eventually fail with poor leadership. It MAY eventually fail even with good leadership but no support or other mitigating circumstances, but good leadership that can generate good support will succeed. A good leader brings good talent. A good leader recognizes what good talent is and allows that talent to blossom and flourish. Talent begets talent. In my opinion that is exactly what has been happening over the past years with the Crusaders. Good leadership witha good team behind him. It began back in 1982 and through the years grew and grew and in 1999 under Jim Cronin, and his search and development of opportunities and good people, then letting them work is shown in the corps making final 12 years in a row.. Jim followed by Dan Greer and now Tom has shown a proven successful leadership path. The fact that Tom is the youngest in DCI is even a greater benefit to the corps. The future is bright to say the least.

Ghost, you are disappointing with your negative slant on what you say about the corps. You may not believe you are but you are. And your snide comments about Craig are getting tiresome. Get on your "Big Bird" (how juvenile by the way) and go away agine. You were gone from the corps for years ..go again if you're going to keep this attitude up. And by the way, for a former drum major of the corps, you should be ashamed of yourself expecting special treatment when you appeared at the corps show. The corps does appreciate your help but, expecting because of it, to get special treatment, is shameful. Lots of people help, and do so quietly not asking for anything more than to simply be able to help. You are not more special than they are. Even if you think you are.