Who would win based on pure entertainment value?

DCI 2010 Entertainment Champion  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win DCI 2010 based purely on Entertainment value?

• The Academy
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Blue Stars
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • The Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cascades
    • The Cavaliers
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Glassmen
    • Jersey Surf
    • Madison Scouts
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Teal Sound
    • Troopers

I'm confused, how are the Blue Devils not this?

Because their music sucks.... :thumbup:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For this poll, I voted against my favorite corps, Crown, whom I LOVE this year, and voted for Cavies, because they are entertaining and completely modern and are what I BELIEVE is the future of drumcorps (not the Blue Devils) ....a mesh of great musicianship, showmanship, and technology all woven together to provide a total show experience (#CUE World Series of Drum Corps theme music by Jay Kennedy)

honestly...music you like was not part of your criteria.

like it matters...the likelihood of any one organization leading the entire activity in a singluar direction is less than low.

Edited by devsabre

All of BD's votes came from the BD kool-aid drinkers on here like yourself. There are quite a few on here. :thumbup:

I am NOT a BD "kool-aid" drinker. Go back and read my posts from the past two years. Their 2008-2009 shows were some of my least favorite ever and probably in the bottom half of all corps in those years as far as my own personal enjoyment. I am not affiliated with their organization in any way whatsoever.... I don't even think I've ever known anyone who's marched there (and I have friends who have marched Cadets, Cavies, Crown, Spirit, Phantom, Star). If I had to list my overall favorite corps BD would at the highest be fourth after Phantom, Crown, and Cadets.

I just genuinely think their 2010 show is that good. I know some cannot fathom that an unbiased fan could be extremely entertained by their show.... but that is the point I am trying to make. The Blue Devils are tapping into a kind of energy and emotion we rarely see in drum corps.... and I think they deserve every bit of the scores they are receiving.

There is a pretty unscientific poll on this website that says pretty conclusively that the majority of fans DO NOT LIKE BD, so I'm pretty sure it's not my opinion. For it to fit my criteria of the "perfect mesh" you have to have music that people would want to listen to as well. (enter Cavie's homage to Tears for Fears...(or Adam Lambert?) hmm)

Personally, I feel BD has the visual package NAILED! I could watch those mirrors and that effect til the cows come home....I just wish I could mute the show and play 2000 BD instead. Also, I think Cavies better utilize the technology aspect this year than any other corps. (sorry Coats)

I am NOT a BD "kool-aid" drinker. Go back and read my posts from the past two years. Their 2008-2009 shows were some of my least favorite ever and probably in the bottom half of all corps in those years as far as my own personal enjoyment. I am not affiliated with their organization in any way whatsoever.... I don't even think I've ever known anyone who's marched there (and I have friends who have marched Cadets, Cavies, Crown, Spirit, Phantom, Star). If I had to list my overall favorite corps BD would at the highest be fourth after Phantom, Crown, and Cadets.

I just genuinely think their 2010 show is that good. I know some cannot fathom that an unbiased fan could be extremely entertained by their show.... but that is the point I am trying to make. The Blue Devils are tapping into a kind of energy and emotion we rarely see in drum corps.... and I think they deserve every bit of the scores they are receiving.

Tez, dont sweat cardman...i think he means well, but he dislikes a large list of things and it appears BD is on that list.

I wonder if the DCI fan network poll will turn out something like this. My guess here was going to be Madison folowed closely by Cavaliers. They are 1 and 2 but not very close!

There is a pretty unscientific poll on this website that says pretty conclusively that the majority of fans DO NOT LIKE BD, so I'm pretty sure it's not my opinion. For it to fit my criteria of the "perfect mesh" you have to have music that people would want to listen to as well. (enter Cavie's homage to Tears for Fears...(or Adam Lambert?) hmm)

Personally, I feel BD has the visual package NAILED! I could watch those mirrors and that effect til the cows come home....I just wish I could mute the show and play 2000 BD instead. Also, I think Cavies better utilize the technology aspect this year than any other corps. (sorry Coats)

Whose opinion matters more..... a few hundred fans on a forum, or the 20-30 judges who have judged BD this year?

Yep, I'm with you Monkey and I loved 2000 BD, but totally dig the 2010 BD music as well, although not as much by comparison. Visual for BD this year...HOLEY CRAP and yes Cavies are smokin this year as well.

Edited by devsabre

Musicianship has nothing to do with music selection. It has to do with music performance. It's your criteria, not mine.