Who would win based on pure entertainment value?

DCI 2010 Entertainment Champion  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win DCI 2010 based purely on Entertainment value?

• The Academy
    • Blue Devils
    • Blue Knights
    • Blue Stars
    • Bluecoats
    • Boston Crusaders
    • The Cadets
    • Carolina Crown
    • Cascades
    • The Cavaliers
    • Colts
    • Crossmen
    • Glassmen
    • Jersey Surf
    • Madison Scouts
    • Mandarins
    • Pacific Crest
    • Phantom Regiment
    • Pioneer
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Spirit
    • Teal Sound
    • Troopers

I have stated before....if it were left 100% to fans....Madison would win every year regardless of show.

I disagee completely with this. It is THE SHOW.... not the Corps.

Madison Scouts would not have won this poll... let alone the runaway margin won..... in any other previous year this decade.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison Scouts would not have won this poll... let alone the runaway margin won..... in any other previous year this decade.

Even as a Madison alumnus, i would have to agree with this statement. Their show this year is something that a fairly large portion of the DCI fan community have been waiting for. Really for years. That doesn't mean that it's everyone's favorite...the poll results speak to this point, but it's hard to not like what Madison is doing for themselves and the crowd this year.

I 100% agree with this completely. I marched Madison 97 & 98 and have been a huge fan of theirs, however I could not get excited about any of the shows from 2002 through 2009. I couldn't really get into 2002 and the other years just seemed artificial to me (for lack of a better phrase). I am so happy to hear this show this year. It is just pure awesomeness.

And I must say too that their uniforms this year (I was doubtful at first) are perfect. For some reason it just makes every single person on the field look like a man (I think it might be the belt). I think it would even make me look like a man and I am one scrawny little piece of chicken wire.

Madison is by far one of the most liked corps out there. They are on top in souvie sales every year. I do not think it is just the show.

Edited by skeptic

I think it is odd that people voted for BD, not because it is odd that people like BD, but because it is odd that so many people didnt take into consideration how many people dont like BD, and that while it is totally fine for people to like them, statistically, they don't fit the parameters of this poll. (that is, if we're talking about majority entertainment value in the crowd)

Madison is bar far one of the most liked corps out there. They are on top in souvie sales every year. I do not think it is just the show.

The Madison Scouts would not have won this poll in any other year this decade... souvie sales, or no souvie sales..... and the Cavaliers would not have come in 2nd if this poll was done last year either...... and Carolina Crown would be doing better in this poll if the poll was done in 2007, and SCV would be doing much better if this poll was done in '89, or Phantom if done in 2008, and on and on..... It's " the show " my friend... not the Corps.

Edited by BRASSO

haters.JPG

It's the Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man to the rescue !! I wondered where he's been !