Everybody works hard and I LOVE IT!

I'm really not all that excited for the Star Alumni corps. Not as much as Kingsman or Madison or pretty much any other alumni group.

• Like 1

Hey folks, I've been reading a lot of these other posts today and, I gotta tell ya, they're pretty lame. I can talk trash with the best of them, but ya know, I think it's getting a little out of hand.

You know, a lot of people here have been drinking a bit too much Haterade as of late and I think have forgotten their own unique experience. Sure, I wanted to beat as many corps as possible back then as well, but, I knew then as I do now, that there is much more to Finals Week than what ends up on the score sheet.

I remember my first Finals Week like it was yesterday! I remember pulling into the school early in the morning and realizing that 'this was it'. People always say that you should always rehearse like it's Finals Week for a good reason as those rehearsals were amazing! Showing up in the lot at the Orange Bowl and realizing that I had finally done it, I was marching in FINALS!!! All those videos I had watched, (yes, VHS...no DVD or YouTube) with all those folks that seemed to be so big to me as I watched them....I was about to be one of them! Stepping out onto that field and looking at those packed stands on Saturday night was ####### incredible!! All of it was...it was all so ####### awesome.

Man, those were great times!!

It's sad to think that kids are going to get snubbed by folks because of choices 'adults" have made. Instead of telling a kid, "Hey man, nice show!" some folks are rather going to look at a kids jacket and think, "#### that show...and that designer...and that judge...blah blah blah...this other corps was better...blah blah blah".

Think for a minute. Do you remember your first Finals Week? If we as educators always ask our students to perform like it's the last week, then shouldn't we as fans try and always approach a show as if it was our first?

I guess this is just my attempt to get folks to "stop hatin'" and remember the good times.

stop_hatin.jpg

Or whatever, just sayin'.

Ahhhhh, you bring back some wonderful memories. This is something I looked forward to every year I was marching. The kids may not feel the drama from the field, but I can tell you it's up there in the stands. Like Matt said, the feeling is VERY palpable. And I can't wait until I head up to Indy on Wednesday. Thanks for the post OP! :thumbup:

Ahhhhh, you bring back some wonderful memories. Thanks for the post OP! :lol:

:thumbup: Awesome! That's the point of this topic. Stop hatin' and think about the good times! Glad you took a trip down memory lane. Good stuff back there...

:thumbup: Awesome! That's the point of this topic. Stop hatin' and think about the good times! Glad you took a trip down memory lane. Good stuff back there...

A LOT of good stuff back there, and LOTS of good stuff today. I don't remember ANY time where I thoroughly enjoyed almost every corps I've seen so far. And my going to finals this year will be the icing on the cake. I'm goin to make sure I go to every show, shake every member's hand I run into, take lots of pictures, and eat lots of fatty foods until I get back to military life lol...

More topics like this please. Since the mods made a G7 area, can they make a 'I hate current drum corps' area and get those posts moved? If you hate something that much, why come to the forums?? I don't get it. There are lots of things I don't enjoy and don't pay money to support. I also don't go to their forums and post how much I hate it.

Edited by Shamu89

I've been following the activity since the late 70s.

never been in a corps but I"m a rabid fan! :thumbup:

Taking this Thursday off even though I could get to the theatre after work and have a reserved seat already.

I think of it as my own personal holiday "DCI Day" !!

DCI MN was messed with by a tornado warning and a storm but nothing is gonna stop me from Big Loud & Live!

Like everything, drum corps is going to update and change and we're not all going to like all of it.

But seriously - THERE IS NOTHING ELSE QUITE LIKE IT! :worthy: :worthy: :thumbup::worthy::lol::smile::thumbup:

Edited by Watch & Listen