23 corps in World Class

Pretty straightforward question. Just wondered, of the 23 shows this year, how many do you love, really like, like somewhat, dislike, and hate. Please remember, this is about the shows and show design, and reflects nothing on the amazing students performing.

For the great news(for me at least), there is not a show on the field this year that I hate. This also includes what I have seen in Open Class this year as well.

For some other good news, there are no shows that I actually dislike.

For the shows that I like, there are just 3. And my reasons vary from musical selections to lack of visual excitement as to why I only like, and not really like or love these 3 shows.

For shows that I really like, there are 11. Most of the corps have put out packages this year that I really enjoy watching over and over again.

And that brings me to the number of shows that I LOVE this year. 9. These shows are absolutely fantastic this year and I am so looking forward not only to finals week, but to getting my dvds this fall so I can watch them again. In the meantime, there will still be videos on fannetwork.

This has been my favorite season of DCI since 2000. No matter who wins, who medals, who places top 5, who places top 9, who places top 12, who makes top 17, and who ends up 23rd, this has been a great year top to bottom in my opinion.

Have there been things I don't necessarily like in some of the shows? Yes. But nothing has been that bad that it has made me completely dislike a full show from any corps.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty straightforward question. Just wondered, of the 23 shows this year, how many do you love, really like, like somewhat, dislike, and hate. Please remember, this is about the shows and show design, and reflects nothing on the amazing students performing.

For the great news(for me at least), there is not a show on the field this year that I hate. This also includes what I have seen in Open Class this year as well.

For the shows that I like, there are just 3. And my reasons vary from musical selections to lack of visual excitement as to why I only like, and not really like or love these 3 shows.

For shows that I really like, there are 11. Most of the corps have put out packages this year that I really enjoy watching over and over again.

And that brings me to the number of shows that I LOVE this year. 9. These shows are absolutely fantastic this year and I am so looking forward not only to finals week, but to getting my dvds this fall so I can watch them again. In the meantime, there will still be videos on fannetwork.

This has been my favorite season of DCI since 2000. No matter who wins, who medals, who places top 5, who places top 9, who places top 12, who makes top 17, and who ends up 23rd, this has been a great year top to bottom in my opinion.

Have there been things I don't necessarily like in some of the shows? Yes. But nothing has been that bad that it has made me completely dislike a full show from any corps.

I hate them all. Obvi.

I hate 1.

I really dislike 4

7 leave me bored.

i like to love to worship the rest

I have been saying that this is one of my favorite DCI years and it's not because of who I LOVE. It's because I don't HATE anything this year. That category is usually 3-5. I'm the grumpy old DCI man.

HATE - 0

Dislike - 2

Like Somewhat - 2

Really Like - 13

Love - 6

how could any one dislike these corps they all work hard and are very talented. and the staff are managing 1m business. have a great day go bac

Love - 7

Blue Devils

Cavaliers

Crown

Cadets

Phantom

Blue Stars

Madison

Really Like - 9

Bluecoats

SCV

BAC

Blue Knights

Academy

Colts

Spirit

Pacific Crest

Teal Sound

Like Somewhat - 7

Glassmen

Troopers

Crossmen

Mandarins

Jersey Surf

Cascades

Pioneer

Dislike - 0

none

Hate - 0

none

I am going to be a little more specific, but here goes.

Blue Devils - Somewhat Dislike/Like

Blue Coats - Love

Cavaliers - Really Like

Crown - Horns Love / Really Like

Cadets - Somewhat Like

Phantom - Love

SCV - Really Like

Blue Stars - Love

Boston - Really Like

Blue Knights - Love

Madison - Love

Glassmen - Somewhat Like

Academy - Somewhat Like

Colts - Somewhat Like

Troopers - Like

Spirit - Really Like

Crossmen - Somewhat Like/Dislike

Pacific Crest- Like

Mandarins - Like

Teal Sound - Somewhat Like

Jersey Surf - Somewhat Like

Cascades - Somewhat Like

Pioneer - Somewhat Like

Certainly don't hate any of it.

Edited by Fan of D.C.

I'll Play

Blue Devils - Liked

Blue Coats - Loved

Cavaliers - Loved

Crown - liked - but thought it was kinda one note

Cadets - Loved

Phantom - Liked

SCV - good, but slow

Blue Stars - liked - but thought it was a little dull and dril was boxed in too much

Boston - Really Liked

Blue Knights - Loved the opener and from the drum solo to the end - the rest was slow

Madison - enjoyed

Glassmen - kinda bored

Academy - Liked

Colts - Liked

Troopers - a little let down after last year

Spirit - Liked - but drill was too simple

Crossmen - Liked

Pacific Crest- liked

Mandarins - Liked - but drill was a little too demanding which made brass weaker

Teal Sound - it was ok

Jersey Surf - kinda bored

Cascades - Liked

Pioneer - Liked