DCI Allentown Review

Great review! I could not agree with you more on almost everything you mentioned. Although Blue Devils are not my "cup of tea", you just can not deny the level of performance from the members, that has yet to be matched by any other corps this season. Well lets see what Indy brings!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably the best review I have read here. You nailed it on most accounts. I was in Atlanta and have to agree Scout and Blue Knights were my 2 fav shows of that evening. I was less enamored over the top 3. And Teal Sound...wow.. good things for them in the future.

Harvey,

Thanks so much for your detailed, well written review IN A LARGER FONT! Easier for these old eyes to read! FYI: Your review and all the responses, are the first of the season, that I actually printed out for future reference.

While we may disagree on a few minor points..I.E. Crown's Uniforms and horns. It's the rare and best use of brown and gold Brass that I've ever seen on the field IMHO. I agree with you on the annoying use of synths overshadowing the Contra lines. I say can the electronics. Your Corps "dissapointments", reflect my observations as well.

Of personal interest to me, were your insightful comments regarding The Academy's use of Klesch's arrangements with the Corps supurb brass line. Yes, it's a brilliant fit. I guess you could even call it a "Crowning" achievement.

That was a fantastic review. Thank you for putting in all the time and effort.

I'm not a fan of Key's arrangements of anything. SCV will not win a title with his music. Time for SCV and Key to move forward in different directions.

Not a fan of BD's show either.