I haven't seen a thread on this..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? There is a very good chance that many, many thousands of legacy fans would immediately lose all interest and never spend another dime to support the activity. Drum corps is brass + percussion. Add WW, and drum corps becomes band, and drum corps no longer exists. I know you'll disagree, but I'm hardly the only person who believes this.

Drum corps is and always as been marching band.

Kind of like saying "Man has always been woman" or "Plastic has always been oil." They may walk alike and talk alike, and the stupid or the uninitiated don't know the difference, but everyone on this thread and at the heart of the argument knows the difference is the difference.

I agree totally, maybe in the day more professional but the same. I think with many it goes back to the early days of band kids looking like the losers. It's portrayed in everything. Drum Corps kids may have been cooler and I know I went to school with many drum corps kids and NONE of us were in band.

WELL, those days are gone. It's not the band of yesteryear and deserves the respect BUT also deserves a less snobbish attitude from all of us>>>>JMO Remember now a days many Drum Corps people make their livings off of Bands ( I dont mean Band directors ) so they can afford to do DrumCorps.

Lastly, if we don't like all the connections or comparisons to band then as I see it we only have US to blame, Who joined the too, Who made styles the same,( for the most part ) Who brings band people in by the loads :smile:

Did the other members of the Garfield Cadets you marched with in 1970-72 consider the corps a marching band? I seriously doubt it.

Did the other members of the Garfield Cadets you marched with in 1970-72 consider the corps a marching band? I seriously doubt it.

I didn't think so either when I was 18 or 19, with most band shows were what they were back then. Doesn't mean I was right. However, ALL my non-corps friends wondered what I was doing with the band thing during the summer.