PBS is holding on the line ...

I'll put you right through, DCI: make the pitch! There is no better year than this one to reconnect with your televised history; your audiences, and pleas, match.

"Look here PBS, your fund-raising shows are full of AM-bi-ence; I've got your ambience, right here," barks Mr. H into the speaker. "Pre-recorded music puts audiences in the right frame of mind for the stories we're telling, even before we start.

"Listen, you can hear the violins," he grins at his colleagues in the conference room, unaware of the prophetic foreshadowing the line insinuates.

"Yeah, its like 'Celtic Woman' on acid," beams Mr. G. "Imagine those Irish lassies times 150, reflected in mirrors. That'll bring in the bucks!" The six other heads nod in feverish agreement. "With their voices amplified to like … three times their normal volume," interjects the other Mr. G. "It overpowers the senses; it becomes the reason for giving."

"And for that dinosaur demographic – I mean, your loyal and moneyed fans – we've got your classical music, too," adds Mr. F. "The beloved composer, Bartok. He's bankable!"

"PBS, listen to us, because we know what we're talking about when it comes to money," illustrates Mr. V. "Our brands represent stalwart, solid, and stable organizations."

"Yes," the reluctant, but agreeing voice of Mr. D., adds.

"Us too," Mr. S. clamors in. "Even though we are the newest member here, we are the future. All we're asking for is time on the schedule, fund-raising time; a second chance to make good with the network!"

The World Class, in review, over at Field&Floor.

(Plus, the conclusion to the telephone call with PBS) :smile:

Outstanding review and a very colorful look at the corps and their performances. Bravo!

• 2 weeks later...

Just published in the DCI Championship Championship issue of Drum Corps World: my review of the only pre-championship all-in competition of the season: Southeastern Championships!!

To "august" Augusts in drum corps :thumbup:

• 1 month later...